When the 'Luksusfældens'experts visited the 25-year-old Jacob from Vejle, it was clear that something was very wrong.
Jacob still lived at home with his parents, had no job or education, but spent instead all his time playing video games.
His consumption was so high, that he every month got about 12 thousand dollars of his parents.
the Ones he used on the pleasures of junk food and game equipment, although he had a debt on 644.000 crowns, which he each month should pay a minimum of dkk 10,000.
a Few days after Jacob was approved to participate in the 'Luksusfælden' he used 23.000 dollars on a gamer-chair, a camera for 4500 dollars and additional electronics from Elkjøp for 5500 crowns.
even Though it from the outside then the black out of Jacob, had the experts an ardent hope that he would change.
But their message to him was clear.
He had to take care together with the same, seek a job, sell all of its the electronics items, which he in the course of the last time had bought.
If he did, could the experts might negotiate with some of the many creditors that bob owed money to.
Apparently, Jacob was motivated to change, and get its economy on the right track, and the experts left Vejle in the belief that he from now on had in my heart to do something about his irresponsible way of living.
even Though Jacob has a debt of 644.000 crowns, is he too lazy to get a job. Photo: TV3
But as rosy ended up not.
After only a month is Jacob completely back into his old habits.
in Fact, he never come out of them.
- When I took from here, I was full of hope. That cheering I'm on to you, but it is no development happened at all, says the expert Carsten Linnemann, when he again sitting face to face with the 25-year-old Jacob.
And expert Mette Reissman adjacent to the:
- Why have you not sought any work? she asks Jacob.
he could not come up with any good reason to.
- What the hell is it here for something that makes you laugh with us? sounds excited from the expert Carsten Linnemann.
When the experts first visited Jacob, he expressed that he was very sorry that he got money from his family. But here a month after, it does not seem to go to him so much more.
- You were very sorry that you received money from your family, but we can see that it is not kept up. You have received 1600 dollars in the last month, says Mette Reissmann-to 25-year-old Jacob.
- You might get a gift from his family from time to time, he argues.
But so easy to convince the man not the experts.
- You have not understood the point of it here, said Carsten Linnemann.
Jacob is 25 years old and plays computer up to 14 hours a day. Photo: TV3
Most notable, however, is that Jacob has sold some of his things.
For 30,000 crowns, all in all. The intention was that he should transfer the money to the experts, so that they could negotiate with his creditors, but instead he has wilfully given some to a family member and spent the rest of the money on food and a trip to the city.
Right now, you have done everything that is wrong in the relationship to achieve your dream, says Mette Reissmann.
Carsten Linnemann tries to explain to Jacob that his irresponsible behaviour has cost him more than 100,000 dollars in savings on his debt. A saving, as the experts had negotiated with creditors, but now goes in the sink.
- The agreements are made, you can just forget about, it sounds hard from Carsten Linnemann, within both the experts leave the site in frustration.
Subsequently, it is not succeeded in Jacob, neither to get a job, or start to pay of its debt. He still lives at home with his parents.
Ekstra Bladet has tried to get a comment from Jacob, but he will not speak out.