Izabella Scorupco have read a screenplay. She broke through on a broad front in 1995 when she played against Pierce Brosnan in ”Goldeneye”. Five years later, she worked again with Bondfilmens director Martin Campbell in his alpine bergsklättraräventyr ”Vertical limit”. Since then she has alternated between hollywood productions with the Swedish films as ”sun storm,” and relationskomedin ”Micke & Veronica”.
Now is Izabella Scorupco in a hotel suite in central Stockholm to discuss the script for Viaplays new originalserie ”Hidden”:
"I knew immediately that it was something beyond what I have previously been part of," she says. To a large extent, it is about that I really liked my character. She is very strong, both physically and mentally. Then she can appear to be fierce and determined but she also has a gentle and deeply human side that often shines through.
It was absolutely wonderful compared to Hollywood, where much revolves around the look.
Izabella Scorupco fell for the character Viveca Eldh, a kind of secret private investigator with stripigt hair and brunfläckig läderjacka, also depends on the timing.
– the Role came to me while I went through a bit of a crisis, maybe a mid-life crisis: ”What is the meaning of life? Where am I going?” The role was in any way a psychologist who helped me through some crap that I had in my life, " she says, and continues:
– in Addition, it was nice to play a character that may look a little bit anyway. Because I live in Los Angeles, it was a long haul flight to Budapest, where we shot, and the more tired and more jetlaggad I was, the happier was the production. It was absolutely wonderful compared to Hollywood, where much revolves around the look.
Philip Alexandersons suspense novel ”Firstborn” from 2015. The storyline takes its starting point in an infant's mysterious disappearance, which captures the Viveca eldh's interest. An alternative Stockholm, take the form – where the supernatural elements and underground organisations play a significant role.
in Parallel with this is working 26-year-old Jonas Hellemyr on with his life. On the days he works black as a construction worker, then goes he home to his bachelor pad and are greeted by a dripping ceiling. A day happens to he a serious accident that leads to highly unexpected consequences.
"He ends up in a situation that requires very much of him," says August Wittgenstein about his character. Jonas is a reserved person who is forced to straighten at the back, and actively seek answers regarding the uncertainties faced by him.Izabella Scorupco plays against the August Wittgenstein, in the ”Hidden”. Photo: Fredrik Funck
with a German father and a Swedish mother in the small town of Bad Laasphe, outside Cologne. He completed his secondary education at the Swedish boarding school Lundsberg and then studied history at Georgetown university in Washington.
a Few years later, he decided to fully invest in barndomsdrömmen: to become an actor. He was admitted to the prestigious university American academy of dramatic arts in New York and was subsequently a small role in ”Angels and demons”, one of 2009's highest grossing films.
" I played a swiss soldier, and had six days with Tom Hanks. He was very funny. One day he said to me: ”It is damned shame that you have to carry a silly uniforms in your very first film. I feel sorry for you ...”
August Wittgenstein moved back to Germany in 2010 that his career took off for real. Three years later he played the lead role in the German film ”Open desert” and in 2016 he appeared in the mini-series ”Ku'damm 56”, a family drama that unfolds in the wake of the second world war. The series was offered to the Viaplay, who declined. Instead, they got up the eyes for August Wittgenstein.
– Swedish film makers are extremely skilled. Furthermore I think that the swedes often creates more aesthetically pleasing productions. I had long wanted to work in Sweden, and became very excited when I heard that Viaplay was interested. Unfortunately, I missed the flight to the casting and all had to wait long on me. But it solved in the end.
It is next to impossible to discern anything abnormal in the August Wittgenstein's Swedish accent. Still, he describes language problems as their main concern prior to recording.
" I've always spoken English with my mother and I have been in Sweden a part through the years. But I have never used Swedish in jobbsammanhang. In addition, filming I the German tv-series ”Das Boot” at the beginning of the year. Afterwards, I had only a few days on me to set before we started filming ”Hidden”.
was the recording of the first period, a soft start is purely linguistic.
– The first few days consisted mostly of stuntscener where my character doesn't say a word. We filmed quite chronologically so initially I was able to focus completely on the to wordlessly convey the melancholy feeling Jonas carries on prior to the accident.
The subsequent pursuit of answers for the Jonas closer Viveca Eldh, a large part of moving among society's most vulnerable. That ”Hidden” directs the light where highlights Izabella Scorupco as one of the series ' strengths.
– In Los Angeles there lives very many homeless people and unfortunately many people think of people: ”Why obtain not just a job?” We have so easy to judge things we do not understand. In the ”Hidden” to get a glimpse of how deeply traumatic events can affect people's lives. Hopefully it can create more understanding for our fellow human beings.