NANTES (Extra Leaf) Even after the defeat to France in the first showdown in mellemrunden kept Klavs Bruun Jørgensen tab high and radiated faith in his team.
But after the devastating defeat at 32-21 to Russia on Monday evening, he was visibly affected by the situation.
- I'm fucking hit. It I must say. We knew well that France and Russia is a big mouthful, and we had, of course, hopeful that we were closer. I think, fundamentally, we are.
- There is a good attitude from the players to go a long way, but we hit just not the level we should in such a tournament, if we have to play against that kind of team. But we are a piece of France and Russia.
- You must also just say that Russia plays excellent. And even if we had played up to our best, I'm not sure that would be able to beat them.
- It annoys me that we go to the break trailing by five, but where we think we had the game well. As we go into the second half, it was still with a belief, that here we may well turn. But then we take two attacks, where we just filled the ball directly out of the sidelines. We can not allow us. So it is not sin for us. So, it is our own fault.
the Article continues under the picture
the Players hang their heads after afklapsningen. Photo: Lars Poulsen
- Is it something we can work out. I know damn well not. It should not be an excuse, but it is still a young team, and they have a great future.
- But you see, that this team can develop, so we can get up and play the matches against teams like France and Russia?
time will tell. I think the potential is there. But I will not excuse a lot of things. We make too many mistakes. Why lose such a battle. And therefore we will lose the great.
- Basic I'm hopeful with this team.
- I also think that the players have been good to travel. But after our start to the second half of the day we lost self-confidence. It is the only match where I'm sitting and thinking that now report we of. In the other matches they have been trying.
- You have two good goalkeepers, but they don't have many rescues. What does it mean for the team?
- This means, of course, much, but they should not be hung up on the defeat. This is not the case. We fall as a team. Finally finished. Had we taken the technical error away, and we had thrown the ball in the box, perhaps we only lost by four, and then we had been faced with a different feeling, says Klavs Bruun.