At the end of may, the poet Katarina Frostenson out with a book about the events within the Swedish Academy, which led to her leaving the institution. The book, ”K – story” to be given out at the Polaris publishers.
– ”K” is the story from a time in exile from persecution and slander, in november 2017 to may 2018. Based on the events during the trip time reflects the ”K”, in conversations with various travel companions, around a cabal, collective, crisis, struggle, and great love, " says Katarina Frostenson yourself in a statement.
Polaris, says to DN that it brought the discussions on the issue over the past few weeks.
the Book explains why this perspective is so important in this context. Katarina Frostenson has not said much at all about the events, and she has made this a story that is close to her way of writing. This has resulted in a kind of diary, or tankebok, over half a year when this is going on, from november 2017 onwards, " says Jonas Axelsson, and continues:
– It is an artistic work, she simply tells what happens and what she is going through. And, perhaps most importantly, how she survives, with the help of the literature. She calls the literature of her companion, and it turns out to be kongenialt. It is a part of what happens, including during the landsflyktsresan to Paris, where she along the way one encounters on HC Andersen's ”the travelling companion”, and emanates very much from the type of travel companions we have in life.
as a literary work ”of rank”, and makes a comparison with August Strindberg's ”Inferno”, and feel that it will give new perspective and new details about the events within the Swedish Academy. Axelsson take up the question of why Katarina Frostenson, which for a long time given out their books at the publishing house Wahlström & Widstrand, choose to drop the ”K” on the Polaris.
– It is a bit special to a writer who has been published in one place in nearly 40 years, choose to give out this book elsewhere, but it also gets the book to explain why it is so she wants to do, " says Jonas Axelsson.
According to an agreement between the publisher and the author will not some parts of the book's contents become public until it is printed in its entirety, in close proximity to the release date, 23 may, " says Jonas Axelsson. He tells us that the release date also has another significance – it is a year to the day after the story in the book ends, on may 23, 2018.
" I understand that all the journalists are interested to hear what she says about her husband, but where do the book talk. It is not my place to comment on the matter, " says Jonas Axelsson.
in the Swedish Academy from 1992 until January 2019. She is married with kulturprofilen Jean-Claude Arnault, that has long had close ties to the Academy, and, last year, was sentenced against his or her objection to two-and-a-half years in prison for two rapes. According to Jonas Axelsson taken parts of the events during the process up in the book.
– It begins in the spring, with interviews and the like. But the focus is not on the one that leads to the events that took place in the autumn, but it is evolution to the time that we follow. I need that publisher refer to themselves reading. It is here done in the way that only Katarina Frostenson can do, " says Jonas Axelsson.
secretary Anders Olsson commented on Tuesday the news of Katarina Frostenson's new book.
" It sounds surprising to me. I did not know that here, we have not had any contact with her for a long time. We'll see what it means. At the same time, it was expected that she would come forward and say something about what has happened, " says Anders Olsson to the TT.
– It depends on what she says in the book. We have a sekretesslöfte when we come into the Academy and that we should keep until we die. But it comes Nobelhemligheter, such as is familiar to us all. We don't know really what will come out in this book, " says Anders Olsson.