– the Width of the business, the size, to learn to work in Stockholm with a fantastic business that has been a beacon for me during a great part of my professional life. It is so clearly responsible to ensure that it continues to enrich the business and be at least as good as the past. It is scary, " says Jesper Larsson.
from the job as ceo at Malmö live, an appointment he held since 2014, and which was renewed as late as in the autumn. Previously Jesper Larsson also been managing director of Malmö city theatre, operaproducent at The Royal Theatre in Copenhagen and the producer at the Malmö opera and music theatre. He is also chairman of the Swedish arts grants committee.
– First and foremost, to get to know the organization, meet with all employees and listen to their expertise. The employees here are the best in northern Europe at what they do. First I'll listen to them, and from there, we will form a business together.
– The major point and it is unique with Kulturhuset Stadsteatern is the width. No business is the most important, but all activities are important for the whole. It is clear that theatrical activities are very big and heavy, but here are also some of the oldest brands when it comes to children's and young adult literature. To be a creative center for the type of activity is at least as important. The big picture, and to be a meeting place where culture is literally in the middle of society, it is the major point, " says Jesper Larsson.
of the nation's largest publicly-funded cultural institutions, with a group contribution of close to 360 million annually. The business is currently relocated to a dozen other places around Stockholm, including the Dansens hus, where Tuesday's staff meeting was held. The reason for the move is a major renovation of the premises at Sergels torg, which shall be completed in the fall of 2020.
Jesper Larsson says to be used to argue for the art and the value of culture.
" I have long campaigned and talked about you often talk about the culture and the art as a cost for society. It comes to move throughout the idea that it is an investment in the social structure, that we invest in arts and culture to have a healthier, more inspired, more creative society, with people who thrive, evolve, and can realize themselves. It is the key, to shift the focus from costs to investment focus.
" I am quite confident and clear. I have a very strong foundation of which I base my leadership on. I have led businesses in the whole of my adult life, is not afraid to make decisions, and has quite a large track of my flaws. My kernel is to be a listening, observing head and always try to make sure that I have staff with me when we do things, " he says and continues:
– the Staff is the most important thing in the business and we are each other's working environment. How we are against each other it is as if we have a good or bad feeling at work. It is something that permeates my leadership.
the new ceo has, that the DN previously reported, has been running since the end of January. The holding company Stockholms stadshus AB gave after a case of direct agreement contracts assignment to a rekryteringsfirman Novare, who led the work. Jesper Larsson is estimated to take office on 15 november, when he succeeds Sture Carlsson, acting ceo since december 2017. He took over after long-standing chief Benny Fredriksson, who later died, left the service.
– After an incredibly in-depth and transparent process, where we gone through many suitable persons, Jesper Larsson who meet the criteria on our list. He has a breadth of their background and confidence in their leadership which is exactly what the Kulturhuset city theatre is now a need, " says chairman of the board Madeleine Sjöstedt (L).
She believes that the institution has undergone the process of healing, and you can now start to look forward.
" a Lot has happened over the last year. The staff is full of anticipation ahead of the person who will lead the business in the coming years. It is a guarantee that it is done in consultation with the staff and with the city hall, where there is also a huge commitment for the business to build for the future, " says Madeleine Sjöstedt.
Read more: So looking for the cultural institutions of new managers