Lunchrusningen in traffic around Imdb is crazy. Felipe ”Fille” Leiva Wenger may run several laps to find parking. When he walk through the theatre gates, he has a coke can in hand and my friend and producer Mack Beats cap on the head. Ison Glasgow is already in place. From the balcony they gaze down towards the empty stage. Where will they stand if only a few days:
– I hope it will be a legendary evening! We want people to talk about the shows a long time afterwards, that they tell their kids in the future, ”we saw Ison and Fille there, it was so fat,” says Ison Glasgow on turnépremiären, which is special.
at the Vasateatern in Stockholm once before. 2017 they did a concert right here, to commemorate that it was 15 years since the debut album ”Our side of town” was released. But this time it is different. Now it is a really long time since he and Fille met the audience with new music. Five years have passed since the last album, and life is new:
" I have had two children. The oldest is three and a half years, and the youngest come 2017, says Fille Leiva Wenger.
– It is a new life. It's a lot! It is fat fun. And fat hard. But it is worth it all.
each other when they were twelve years old and played in the same basketball team. They grew both up along the metro red line, Ison in Bredäng and Fille in Vårberg. They learned hiphop on the youth centre in Skärholmen, and has since only continued to do almost everything together. To one of them now had a different, larger family situation has affected the cooperation:
– Fille has always been cool, one of the coolest people I know, " says Ison.
– But then he had a baby, it is as if the energy from the kids and the family made him even more sure of himself. We meet certainly not as often in the day. But my view is that he appreciates the time we have together even more. It will be concentrated in a different way today. We can have two and a half hours in which to work, and then we try to really make something timeless and classic, and legendary! He has always been the most focused of the two of us. But now it is as if he is even more engaged in their thing.
Fille agree with:
" You have to maximize their time in a different way now. They have their hours to work, then you have to go and get the nursery. Before, we have not had responsibility in the same way. There has been no other to take into account really. Have you had ideas or thoughts have you been able to shoot at them. But now you want to make sure that it happens once you can.
has set up a new framework for the duo. After Ison in 2014 along with journalist Emil Arvidson released her autobiography ”When I had something” he has put a ton of time to travel around and talk at schools and libraries. Today describes Fille protracted period away from the joint project which, in a way necessary:
" We needed time away from everything. After we released our last plate we toured, and then we were in a ”much better” in 2015. We have always been such that we need to live a little to have something to talk about in the music.
– You need to go through things, so you feel like you get content, something to tell you, fills the Ison in.
– at the same time, not let time pass in total. You want to be a part of the music world also. It is absolutely not that we think that we should come back and ”save anything” or so. It is great for very many. But now, we felt both that we sat on the bench for a long time.Hiphopduon Ison & Fille is back with a new album after several years ' absence. Photo: Adam Daver
as Ison and Fille is now returning to is a different compared to the one they debuted in. When they broke through with the song ”When we glide” in 2001, the major record companies just started krisa. There was no money in the industry, and the hip hop status was after the late 1990s, hajp low. The young duo dreamed of becoming like The Latin Kings, Petter, or Ken. But the great public success took time. More than 15 years later they are themselves veterans, and see a rapper from a new generation get their breakthrough, with completely different conditions:
" If we had arrived in the day so that the climate is now and been the same Ison and Fille, it had not worked, says Fille, Ison begins to laugh.
" You are so honest, I like it!
" Yes, but we made songs about not having money and to go in a rotten car! Now it's all about having the money and the fat of the car. We were a contrast to what we heard from the united states at the time. But now Sweden is harder, so the music that comes forward from here has become harder also. The areas that we come from, it was tough there when we grew up also. But now the dying people. People are getting shot. It is the reality. And hip hop reflects the time we live in. People are talking on it the tougher way in the day because it looks so in those places they grow up.
the new artists he likes in this generation who will come after him and Ison. Z. E, Ant-Wan, Jireel, Lamix Blizzy, Cherrie and Imenella. The latter two are with the guests when Ison and Fille at the end of the month release their sixth album. ”Beautiful life” just like everything they have done in the past that Ison describes as ”the yin-and-yang-the feeling”. Where is their patented twinkle in her eye, the sense of humor that always separate them out from the crowd. But also a serious tone. They both turn 40 next year is certainly not unimportant in this context.
– Previously, on our first and second album, talked so clearly about money and partying and living the life, " says Ison.
– But if you look at this album, our first single called ”Money”. We are certainly a part of it, all of which are a part of it. But often I find that there is a mood in which man glorifies money. Now when we are older, we wanted to find a way to talk about money, which is about the problems that come with money. How you have to chase, how it destroys one's inner. At the same time, we want so clearly that people should listen to our music. It must not be just ”Message! Message!”. But people should also be able to relate. So I would say that the way we choose to talk about things, the way we approach the topics, where people are going to notice that we are older. In a positive way.
think that it is just as important to someone who is of his age should be able to like the album like the who are younger and never heard of Ison and Fille before should be able to get caught for it. Along with Mack Beats, they have been looking for a sound that should feel ”now”. At the same time as the texts take up the timeless substances.
the Album is called ”Beautiful life,” Fille, and summarize with just a couple of sentences which place he and Ison is right now, in the spring of 2019:
" It's all about seeing the beauty you have. Our journey together, where we started, what we have accomplished, the people we have around us, which we appreciate, children. Life as we seek to live.