The best female gymnasts in the Uk has for many years been the subject of bullying, humiliation and abuse from the coaches.
It tells more of the female gymnasts now.
It is the stories of humiliations and punishments of the greatest talents and brightest practitioners of the coaches, right down to the tiårsalderen.
Catherine Lyons, former european champion for juniors, tells now how she has been beaten with a stick and locked in a closet, because she started to cry during a workout.
- As young people, we were shouted at or even screamed at. In my case I could begin to hyperventilere. And the way it was handled was completely terrible. Either the music was in the hall screwed up, so the coaches couldn't hear me cry or scream, or also dragged me away and threw me into a closet, where I sat and cried, she says to the Evening Standard.
It has been the top of british sport, UK Sport, to launch an investigation into conditions in british gymnastics.
According to reports from the Uk, it's about several practitioners who have been subjected to both physical and mental assault by their coaches.
British Gymnastics confirmed Tuesday that it will now have made an independent investigation.
As it is known in Danish swimming, as DR Sport previously documented, public weighings of the gymnasts in the Uk has been everyday. It confirms both Catherine Lyons and Lisa Mason, another prominent gymnast.
the Latter has told how she was forced to work out on, even though her hands bled. When she was ten years old.
Lisa Mason during the WORLD cup in 1999. Photo: Jack Atley/
Catherine Lyons is seen to the left of the medaljeskamlen during the british championships for juniors in 2014. Photo credit: Paul Greenwood/Shutterstock
She wrote as late as Tuesday on Twitter that the attacks are still taking place. She charges associated for not doing enough to get the problems to life.
- I will say that BG is aware of it, but they do nothing, she wrote.
- I get so frustrated when people say 'back then', as if it was something that took place once. It was a different time. It may well be the coaches, who did it against me, either dead or well and truly retired, but it is still, she says, according to the newspaper The Independent.
There is according to several british media several gymnasts, who through social media confirm that the horrible conditions have taken place, and that they have been exposed to it. It is said to be the Netflix of the documentary ’Athlete A.’, which deals with Larry Nassars sexual assault on the u.s. gymnasts who have triggered it.
A spokesman for UK Sport, is quoted by the Daily Mail and says: 'These charges are shocking and disturbing. Bullying or abuse, they have no place in the sport. And those responsible must be held accountable, while victims must be offered appropriate support'.
the Executive director Of the british gymnastikforbund, Jane Allen, is, to say the least very shocked.
- This stands in stark contrast to our standards of responsible training and belongs in no way at home in our sport.
- It is clear that the gymnasts do not have felt that they could come to us with their concerns, and it is vital that we find out to break down the barriers.
do you think the WORLD cup sølvvinderen from last year, Becky Downie, the conditions are markedly changed.
- To all of you out there who are still suffering from it, I can only say that træningslejrene and most of the workouts are not at all, as they were once. You can not imagine how much different it is, she wrote on Twitter.
She stressed, however, that it is not rosy all along.
Unfortunately, copy trainers are still the old habits in efforts to achieve results. When we begin to care us about the practitioners well-being before the results, is going to happen something, she wrote.
Much more from the world of sports Last day you Can know him? Past day Share countless nudes: Why do they do it Past day 'I got too much sex' Past day 'I hope your son gets the coronavirus' Past day - The mobbede me with my look Past day Baywatch-baben reveals all in new documentary: - We had sex all over