(Dagbladet): the Politicians in Sweden have worked in nearly five months to get a new government after the election last fall.
Now, the solution can be in sight.
At the end of last week, was it namely clear that Liberalerna (L) and Centerpartiet (C ) go to "change side" in politics - and on the way to make sure that Stefan Löfven from the Socialdemokraterna (S) will get a new period as Sweden's prime minister.
Thus, can the country get a rødgrønn government, consisting of Socialdemokraterna (the equivalent of the Norwegian Labour party), and Miljøpartiet (equivalent MDG), with support from the Liberalerna (the equivalent of the Left in Norway), and Centerpartiet (equivalent to a kind of cross between the Norwegian Sp and the Left).
There is only one problem: Vänsterpartiet, which corresponds to SV in Norway, will vote against such a government.1. Why protesting Vänsterpartiet?
the Reason that the red fløypartiet have sat on their hind legs, is a formulation in the fresh agreement between the L, C, M, and S. there is the fact that the party to be denied influence on the policy:the Left side can prevent Stefan Löfven to become prime minister Comment
"Denna överenskommelse innebär att Vänsterpartiet inte kommer att ha inflytande över den politiska inriktningen in Sweden during the forthcoming mandatperioden", says the formulation, as in the Swedish media is baptized fornedringsklausulen.
It is out of the question for the party, something the party leader Audun Lysbakken, the Norwegian søsterpartiet SV has expressed full understanding for.
the Question now is what this phrase really means - when Socialdemokraternas leader Stefan Löfven has communicated to the world, that it still will be possible to cooperate on areas other than those under the agreement touches.
Monday gave talmann Andreas Norlen parties 48 hours to agree.GOES BY: Stefan Löfven got the majority against him in the vote in the Reichstag and have to go as the prime minister of Sweden. Video: Expressen Show more
- Vänsterpartiet react when they are put in stalls with Sverigedemokraterna, that a party should not be involved. For it to be a solution in this round, one must now come to one or another kind of understanding with the Vänsterpartiet. It holds that the party to abstain from voting on the Friday, but even that can be demanding to get to, say professor Bjørn Erik Rasch in political science at the university of Oslo.2. What started the chaos?
the Main problem is that none of the two sides in Swedish politics achieved a majority in the Swedish Parliament in the elections last year without the support of Sverigedemokraterna.
None of the two sides of Swedish politics will cooperate with the innvandringskritiske party.
Thus have none of the statsministerkandidatene managed to achieve the assurance that a majority in Parliament, not votes against them. At the same time, it has been difficult to come to a consensus across the political blocks.
- the Difficulty in Sweden is not primarily that man has innsettingsvedtak in Sweden, but that one has a huge party that no one will cooperate or talk with, combined with a rigid blokkpolitikk. Given the circumstances, it is very difficult to find a solution that the majority can tolerate, " says Rasch.3. Could this have happened in Norway?
In contrast to Norway, Sweden has a investiturvotering with the choice of statsministerkandidat. the
the Requirement of what is the majority in the vote is low; one only needs that the majority tolerate the prime minister in the sense that they did not have the majority against himself.
Therefore do not need a statsministerkandidat to have a majority in the back.
the Difference between Norway and Sweden, is that there is a formal vote of regjeringsspørsmålet after each election in Sweden. Otherwise, the system is similar.
Sweden has a rather special rule, compared with other countries with innsettingsvedtak. Here one must make sure that there is an absolute majority against the government. In Norway we have a vote. It is the institutional difference. The implied beslutningsregelen is much of the same, " says Rasch
On the political quarters on Tuesday, went to the Centre party's Marit Arnstad far in to give styreformen the blame for the chaos.
It is not Rasch agree. the
It could perfectly well have happened in Norway if the political constellations were had been the same. Some believe that it is innsettingsvedtaket, or investiturert, which is why it is so difficult to form a government. I don't think anything, " he says.
The Swedish Parliament, should really votere of talmannens new statsministerforslag this coming Wednesday.
on Monday, it was clear that the vote be postponed until Friday.
the Vote will be the third of regjeringsspørsmålet since the election.
- There are two voteringer that is carried out, without that it has succeeded to form a government on the basis of this. So is it most likely a third vote on Friday, and then possibly a fourth and final if the number three also does not lead to a regjeringsløsning as Riksdagsflertallet tolerate., explains Rasch.5. It can be applicable with the new election?
A new election happens in that case, the first after four voteringer in the Reichstag. Until now, you have had two.
- It is here to talk about a "extraval", where the period thus becomes shorter, as riksdagsperioden has already started, " explains Rasch.
The fourth and final vote is held already next week, if the vote on Friday this week, not leads. According to Aftonbladet, a potentially new election likely to be held 7.april.
on Wednesday, the parties shall report to the talmannen, i.e. stortingspresidenten, about whether or not they have come to an agreement or not.6. What think the experts?
Several experts stated on Monday that they would be surprised if this last forhandlingsrunden not leads. Political scientist Jenny Madenstam says that it would have been strange if Vänsterpartiet is not protested.
She, nevertheless, believe not that it ends with that party votes down a rødgrønn government to the end.
- It is quite unlikely, I don't think the Left will stand with the Black-Per and be them that caused a ekstravalg, she says to Expressen.
They don't have to Löfven, but have not think the toe make it with a time. They require that he work a bit for it. Doormat requires respect, " says political scientist Stig-Bjorn Ljunggren to the same medium.
Tommy Möller, professor in political science at Stockholm university, says he believes it is possible for Löfven to ensure Vänsterpartiets support without alienating from themselves the bourgeois parties.
Sjöstedt (leader of Vänsterpartiet, journ.anm requires no concrete changes in the cooperation agreement, but expect to be treated with respect in the Reichstag. It should not be so difficult for the Centern and Liberalerna to accept, he says to NTB.
As Tommy Möller think I also that it is likely that V and Sjöstedt will get so through the conversations with Löfven that they will be voting against on Friday. Then in that case a new government Löfven tolerated by the Reichstag, and can start their work, " says Rasch at the university of Oslo to the Newspaper.7. Who controls Sweden while all this progress?
Until further controlled Sweden by the previous government, i.e. Socialdemokraternas Stefan Löfven and the Greens, but these boards with great limitations.
- It is a forretningsministerium led by Löfven. It means that they take care of all ongoing cases, but no new major political or controversial initiative. The country is governed therefore by the government, but it is not a government that can get through the larger reforms, explains the Rasch at the university of Oslo to the Newspaper.8. What do the Swedish people?
75 per cent of the Swedish voters said trust in politicians is weakened as a result of regjeringsproblemene in the country, shows a survey of Swedish Expressen published in the beginning of January.
Especially the voters to Centerpartiet get review.
People seems to be just as divided as the politicians on the way forward.
A recent poll from the same newspaper shows that 48 per cent do not think the government Löfven now trying to form is a good alternative:
the Most unhappy is, not surprisingly Sverigedemokraternes voters, as in last year's election amounted to 17.6 per cent of the electorate, but that is likely to not get any influence.