Was Freddie Mercury has been hit by the HIV and later AIDS - just a few months later, he could have still been with us.
It is Queen guitarist Brian May's conviction, and he says in The Times.
the Group's charismatic singer, Freddie Mercury, died in 1991, 45 years old, of an AIDS-related pneumonia, but just a few months later it was the medicine ready, which has saved the lives of many with the dreaded disease.
Brian May realized early on that Freddie had contracted AIDS. Photo: All Over Press
- He lost by just a few months. It had come a bit later, he would have still been with us. I am sure, but one should not think that thought, then you become crazy, says Brian May in the interview.
the Guitarist also reveals that there 'was very little back' by the singer's one foot, when he died.
- He showed us it once at a dinner.
- I'm sorry to shock you by showing you this, Brian, said he.
- I'm not shocked, Freddie, apart from that, I realize that you have to live with this horrible pain, I said.
Freddie Mercury tried for several years to keep it hidden that he was gay. But he could not fool his band-mates.
- It was reasonably obvious, since the visitors in the locker room changed from hot ladies for hot guys. It was no matter for us. Why should they not be?
Brian May also reveals that the singer had lost most of his one foot. Photo: All Over Press
The other three Queen members were also quick to realize that Freddie had AIDS.
- Freddie said that we probably had realized that he suffered from the disease. Of course we knew it, we just wanted not to think about it.
the Freddie Mercury died in november 1991. 24 hours earlier he had published a press release where he admitted to be affected by the disease.