promise: increase in aid to 0.55% of Gdp. A bill with which the government of the alps intends to realize the promise of the president to increase aid to the French to 0,55% of the GDP by 2022, compared to 0.38% in 2016 and to 0,43% in 2018. New priorities identified in the 2018 by the inter-ministerial committee for the development desired by Macron to secure the development agenda of France, 19 priority countries – which are among the least developed in Africa, in addition to Haiti – and a focus on issues of fragility, education, climate, gender equality and health. These are the key words of this legislative proposal that is generating a wait but also a certain scepticism among civil society actors, French.
The 6 concerns of the French NGOS. Are the six, in particular, the main concerns of the French NGOS with respect to the draft of the document discussed in the last week with all the interested parties (stakeholders) within the national Council for development and international solidarity.
1) - better precision on the values and objectives of the Cooperation policy, as well as on the principles that the frame. The NGOS ask that it is made explicit that the primary goal of the Cooperation is the eradication of poverty and that the law falls within the scope of the european treaty of Lisbon.
2) - improved accuracy of the means and the resources associated to the law with a scheduling up to the achievement of the 0.7% of GDP beyond the end of the term of the president.
3) - A larger role assigned to civil society in the dimension of partnership, shaped by the law. The organizations are demanding a dedicated article that guarantee a substantial increase in financial resources for NGOS and the clear definition of their right of initiative.
4) - the Control and assessment of the consistency of public policies with the development made by the Commission of independent assessment.
5) - The promotion otherwise of equal generestabilendo about financial goals precise.
6) - Deletion of explicit references to the use of development aid in order to contain and/or counteract the phenomena of migration.
The new: an independent commission for evaluation. Among the most significant, the bill establishes an independent commission to evaluate the Cooperation projects, in a way similar to the independent Commission for the impact of the aid established in the United Kingdom. This new body will fall under the authority of the Court of accounts of france, with two officers of the same Court in the commission, which will also include members of French and international, chosen on the basis of their assessment skills and their knowledge of development issues. The composition of the independent commission will be established by government decree, once the law is approved.
The next Parliament. on Wednesday, the bill was reviewed and discussed by the EESC (economic Council, social and environmental) that will make recommendations on the text that should be adopted by the Council of ministers, the French of the 4th of march. The intention of the government, the examination in Parliament should proceed quickly to ensure approval before the summit France-Africa, which will be held in June in Bordeaux.
"The Republic will fight always in defense of the freedom of information, to its readers and to all those who have at heart the principles of democracy and civil coexistence"Carlo Verdelli SUBSCRIBERS TO REPUBLIC © Reproduction reserved Today on The week that has changed our lives and the world is small the virus the Test of the orchestra with harps and drums Pd-5S: no at sun set. Salvini the raises, but not with Mattarella, The Alloy stirred and the recession for the shoulder Count. And goes pressing on Renzi