Ishockeyspillerne from Rungsted Seier Capital won Friday DM gold for the first time in 17 years.
With the fourth win of four possible in the finals against south Jutland started nordsjællænderne Friday a guldfest that will last for days.
- It will be some tough days. The next five-six days being the team celebrated, says the director Thomas Friberg.
the Chief was to pay homage to medal winners Friday in las vegas, but he did not place in the spillerbussen on the way home against north Zealand.
- But at some point overtook I the bus on the way home, and through the window you could see all the guldhjelme jump around. There smoke a little champagne and beer down, says Friberg.
the Director even came to bed at tretiden in the night, but there is not much time to get udsovet.
Saturday, the players and the "team behind the team" out to eat, before they get to partying in the copenhagen nightlife. On Sunday afternoon there is a party at the team's home ground in the uk.
Monday, there are arranged dinner with amatørklubben, before, later, next week is celebration of Lauzun town Hall.
Before Friday's battle could south Jutland with a victory over Rungsted have reduced to 1-3 in the finals, so the many guldarrangementer have been stacked quickly on the legs.
- You are always a little afraid to plan anything in advance. But when it is said, so I have been going to have to plan a little.
- I also had to plan, we should have the game Sunday against south Jutland at home, but the struggle we can all successfully shred.
- In my job you have to plan for different scenarios, and this was the best possible. But it will be some tough days, acknowledges Thomas Friberg with a rusty voice.
the Season in Rungsted was a long, sporty feeling, but there were a few major bumps on the road, as there are two times along the way has been changed in cheftrænerstolen.
- Our coach Peter Johansson chose to stop in august when he thought that the team was strong enough that he would have to train it.
- So we took the Flemming Green. He was pretty untried. But it all went great. Unfortunately, Flemming sick, and so had Erik Hjalmarsson take over. It turned out that he was absolutely right to pursue it further, says Thomas Friberg.
Rungsted-the director recognises, however, that there was little uncertainty at the club, as the assistant in the middle of January took over as head coach of the then førerhold.
- sometimes we do not know, how people react, when they must enter a new role. We have talked about in the sporting leadership - he could take the step up? It proved right away that he could.
- All the teams have a bump in the road. We have had a dressing room and people around the team who have dealt with it each time, there has been one or another, says the director.
Friberg is also proud to Rungsted through the entire season, led the base in the Metal League from start to finish.
- At no point were we not number one. We also won the Final 4-the competition and won the DM-finals with 4-0. It is one of the most supreme performance of a team has made in the Danish league.
- the League has actually been one of the most competitive ever with six teams that could win the national championship, if you look a little cynical on it. That goes enough a few weeks before it goes up for me, " says This director.