Børge Mathiesen washes fries and a sandwich down with the cool Squash before he takes the floor.
- the Problem is that quite a few shareholders decide it all. Five-ten shareholders have more than half of the votes. It is those we need to persuade, he says.
The 64-year-old trot-amateur, who have come to Billund trotting track in a lifetime, have sat down with three other representatives in London Travs grassroots - an association of five associations linked to the race track.
They will discuss the battle plan for the coming days, and the goal is straightforward: Hovedaktionærerne must be persuaded to vote no to the LEGO boss Kjeld Kirk Kristiansens offer by the general assembly on Tuesday.
According to the travfolkene in London is it paradoxical that Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen with the one hand produces LEGO bricks to the children and the other will deprive the 25 children with their recreational hobby at Billund trotting track. Photo: Anders Brohus
He will on the new purchase and a regular race track with the land to build new homes in the context of a large-scale urban development plan backed by dubai Municipality and Realdania.
On Tuesday of next week, so it is up to the shareholders - a motley crowd, composed of five-ten majority shareholders, who hold approximately half of the votes, and a large group of other shareholders - to say yes or no to his offer.
This time, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen offered 58 million. An increase of almost 30 percent compared to four years ago, where he tried in vain to buy a football for 45 million dollars.
Mayor: A nice offer
Venstremanden Ib Kristensen denies that he is Kjeld Kirk Kristiansens yes-man. Photo: Kasper Palsnov/Ritzau Scanpix
- I think it is a nice offer. When I look at the Billund Municipality's byvision, is the race track part of the areas of development, says Ib Christensen, who is the mayor of Billund Municipality.
- do you Fear a loss of culture, a retreat and a leisure experience, if the field is requested?
- For those who love travsport, it will be a loss of the culture around a travløb. Those who do not have the interest, do not lose anything. It is hard to say either one or the other.
- As the mayor, you well embrace all ...
- This is what I'm trying.
- How do you do it?
- I do This by saying that I can understand, if they feel that they lose something of their culture and identity, if they do not have a horse racing track, says Ib Kristensen.
- We use the children as a missile, says Søren Nielsen, president of the association Billund Travs friends, with regard to the 25 children at risk of losing a place to practise their hobby.
the Launch pad is based on the flyers, which informs the shareholders about the ridebanens importance, short videos on Facebook with users ' opinions and a demonstration on the day, where shareholders must make the decision.
The grand finale is to the general meeting, as Søren Hansen has bought access to, after it has managed to acquire a few shares in Billund Trav A/S.
Soren Hansen, who is chairman of the board of Billund Travs friends to vote on Tuesday, where two thirds must be yes, before a sale can be agreed at an extraordinary general meeting in september. Photo: Anders Brohus
Here he must deliver an incendiary speech, that clearly shows what impact the acquisition will have, and on the way gives hovedaktionærerne the final push towards a rejection of Kjeld Kirk Kristiansens offer.
The largest shareholder in Billund Trav A/S, Niels Hundebøll, which stands to earn millions of dollars by a potential sale, will not to Ekstra Bladet say whether he votes yes or no.
See also: Travfolk in the war with LEGO-the boss
LEGO: We will not affect the decision
Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen items millions of dollars in the more elitist equestrian sports, while he would abolish the more popular travsport in London. Photo: Mathias Svold
Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen declined to participate in an interview with Ekstra Bladet.
In a written comment, says Steen Pedersen, who is ejendomschef in Kjeld Kirk Kristiansens investment firm KIRKBI, that the group will not affect the shareholders prior to their decision.
’If the shareholders decide to sell the race track to us, will the next step be to create a master plan for the area, which can help to support positive development, as the Airport already is in time with, and which is a part of the realization of Billund Byvision - the Children's Capital’.