on Tuesday evening had the Extra Magazine invited its readers for the 115-year birthday party in 'the Press' at the town hall square.
More than 200 guests accepted the invitation, and was in extremely good party mood. There was a nice talk through of the queue, even before the doors opened for an evening with lots of talk from jourrnalister, interview with 'Chug', Hans Engell, Page-9 girls and the house graverjournalister on the scene and plenty of entertainment and stories about what is going on daily in redaktionslokalerne on the now 115-year-old media.
All together with the properly accessories in the form of a game of skipper labskovs with mustard and beetroot and finished with Page 9-girls, Nation Live and a new culture.
_ I would like to meet some of the million people who use us each and every week, said Poul Madsen and handed out balloons and a welcome drink. Photo: Olivia Loftlund
- I am stunned that so many, said the newspaper's editor-in-chief Poul Madsen, who had chosen to invite readers to a party to show that the newspaper is still alive and kicking.
- It is exciting to speak with some of the million people each week read our news, and a good opportunity to get to know them better. And we have reason to be proud to be able to celebrate that good journalism can make a difference, said Poul Madsen, while the guests began to flow into the former print shop.
And then there was Skipper Labskovs with the whole pull-out in the break. Photo: Olivia Loftlund
Sven from Sundby was one of the many who took the opportunity to meet the man and mind behind the newspaper he has held since 1970.
- When you receive such an invitation, so is it with to come in and see what is hiding behind the newspaper I have chosen. And I read just because it has the greatest entertainment value. The other newspapers are boring, he said and looked at his wife Merete, who added:
Yes, but I come now mostly because of His Engell - he is put on to the end of the program, so I can promise, I will stay here and get it all over with, she said.
Sing along to the song ...
Here is the song for Extra the Magazine's 115 - year birthday
(Tune: ’today is ...’)
Text: His Bjerregaard
Our Extra Leaf has a birthday
Hurray hurray hurray
We dare the where the other ti’r
And regardless of what the other si’r
As the guardian, we at the power of the little man.
In Presselogen we get skænd
Cheers and never mind the
For we are the ones pointing at the
That the king no dress’r has
And must go to bar if not Left to shell out.
We fill a great many years
Hurray hurray hurray
On Page 2 is the tone clear
On Page 9 is the girl bar
And on the Nation, there are always rough.
At last we shout loud in the chorus
Hurray hurray hurray
The small man, the great power of the
A future where we keep, guard
With the watchful eye and critical mind and nytårstorsk.read more Close
the Rest was a party, draught beer and plenty of entertainment. And the certainty that it is not the last time, the Extra Magazine is celebrating to be.
below you can meet some of the guests.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
Birgit Rasmussen, a retired barber and Evan Harild, lawyer Horsens
- We have taken the train from Horsens yesterday to be here tonight. It was a surprise to Birgit that I had bought the tickets and she should be with to it here. For she is in love with the sport and especially to read about it in the Extra Leaf. So much so that she puts a piece of candy in the mailbox for avisbuddet in the evening, and gets up at 5.30 every morning, picks up the newspaper and sits down at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee and a small Fernet Branca and enjoy his newspaper, before I stand up and we eat breakfast together before I drive to work, says Evan.
- Yes, it is my yndlingsstund to beat the newspaper up and see that Extra Leaf again is the first with the sports of football and handball, which is my main interest. A transition we held a BT, but they were too slow with sportsnyhederne, therefore we changed, and it is for always. I love the Extra Magazine, says Birgit and adds, that, however, she borrows the newspaper out to its neighbors.
- But I take the sport out of the newspaper and save it for me, when they have seen it, she reveals.
Marcuz Petersen, 20 years and Mitz Pebré, 35 years from Now
- We are with you in the evening, because the family invited us with. It is nice to be together and hang out on here way. We use the Extra Leaf in our nyhedssøgen, and it is interesting to meet the people behind it all and hear the story on the newspaper's development. It's not something you get the opportunity to be with every day. We like it the Extra Leaf when In the provokes, takes a step further than the other and on the way get some discussions on the table. When In the dry open debates. It is needed for.
Regitze Harslund, 20 years old Næstved, Mirabella Løvenbalk, 28 years old, Gentofte
Photo: Olivia Loftlund
- We use the daily newspaper for both news and entertainment. They are crazy fast to come up with the news, and it is a very easy tone and easy language where we can all be with. It is interesting to meet some of the people behind.
Egon and Kirsten Jensen, Kastrup and granddaughter Amanda
We have subscribed to Extra Magazine in over 15 years, and it is exciting to learn more about how the newspaper comes forward to the stories and working with them. We think both, the Extra Leaf is best, when In the drill down into a subject and reveal something, the other would prefer to stay away from it. We are wild with 'Watchdog',the do like to bark a lot more, they say, and tell that they have taken their 15årige granddaughter Amanda, so she can also get an exciting experience.
- I am reading the newspaper when lying flat on my grandparents ' table, and we have been working with media in school. There we had a visit from Poul Madsen, and I think it is very interesting to get to know about the newspaper and come a little closer how the media work. ½
Merete and Sven Madsen, Sundby
- We have kept an Extra Magazine since 1970, and has still kept the subscription on papiravisen, mostly because of the sport. It is usually a very good newspaper, and when we were invited to the here, we would of course very much like to be with. Especially because of his Engell comes. He comes to the last, so we have to take the whole party with.
Kenneth Melchert, Amager
- I have come here in the print shop at Ekstra Bladet, since I was seven years old. My father was a machinist, and I was allowed to be with him at work. I have read Ekstra Bladet almost ever since. Today I am a pensioner.
- I would have been a goldsmith, but then said my father to me, that when people do not have money, they don't buy gold and jewelry - but the buyer fuckin' always their newspaper, and so I chose to become a typographer, and now I'm in the level one of your readers. In is best when In speak for all the people who can not otherwise get heard.
Community - 12. feb. 2019 - at. 14:50 We are ready for 115 more years