If there should be doubt as to whether the rapidly growing e-sports can be considered as a foreningsidræt, has tax board knocked to the ground.
In a new decision, the council determined that e-sport is a foreningsidræt. Thus be exempted from e-sportsforeningerne - like other sports - to pay vat.
E-sports stands for electronic sports. It covers the over competitive computer games, which hosts tournaments, pays the premiums and has professional players and teams.
From Danish Gymnastics and Sports associations, DGI, believes president Charlotte Bach Thomassen, that it is an 'important decision'.
- It would be so annoying if our e-sports associations should use the time on the momsregnskaber rather than to make the best activities for our children and young people.
Additionally, she notes that associational life is for everyone, regardless of one's economic status.
- It is clear that e-sport is a strong activity also purely commercial. It is important, therefore, that we in associations can offer e-sports for everyone, regardless of economic standing and social background.
It was the VENUE, who raised the matter in the tax board.
Also at the Esport Denmark, which is Denmark's official e-sports, you are happy for the decision.
- It is a step in the right direction, which opens some doors instead of closing them, " says Anders Sørensen, who is a board member of Esport Danmark.
- The here community, where you meet in the club, is to give formation to young people through voluntary work. It is that of the elements, which will benefit e-sport in the future.
At the Danish sports Federations, DIF, has previously hesitated to call e-sports a sport.
But according to Mikkel Nørtoft Magelund, team leader in the Breadth and Motion of DIF, can e-sport be to develop different brands.
Here he mentions, for example, cykelprogrammet 'Zwift'.
- You are sitting simply and bikes at home and are hooked up to a monitor. On the way, you can be a part of a løbsfællesskab with up to 1000 other, where one is the digital together for a cycling event.
in Denmark, this is the team Astralis, which has been the standard bearer for the e-sport's first appearance in Denmark in recent years.
It is among the world's best Counter-Strike teams and has won numerous big tournaments and cash prizes.
Figures from the DGI shows that last year, 7742 e-sportsmedlemmer in 187 associations. This is an increase of almost 58 percent from 2018.