Baby I will be with you in the south
How to song Bridge on the megahittet 'South', which was also the theme song to this year's 'Paradise Hotel'.
More than 14 million times the song has been streamed. And it is only on Spotify, which means that the 'South' is the year's most streamed song in Denmark, which even the most optimistic hardly had dared to hope for, when it was released in the spring.
Why have Bridge, which in fact is called Kevin Andreasen, in cooperation with the DANISH hosts, Nikolaj Koppel & Thomas Forest now made a salsa version of the hit.
- We talked a little about that it has been the year's biggest hit, so we decided to make salsa version together. You can well drag it out a little, you know? So the new version is published here 25. december, says the Bridge for the Extra Magazine and adds that they also have made a new music video.
- We have gone all-in.
the Song 'the South' have made Kevin Andreasen, one of the country's hottest artists right now. Photo: PR
The new salsa version is markedly different, and it is therefore reasonable to ask whether it is not dangerous to change something that has hit as well. It believes the Bridge is not.
- You need to take some chances, and since it is so good a number, haha, so we thought 'fuck it', we're trying it here also. It is also to put an end to 'the South', says Bridge, who has played the song countless times throughout the year.
He acknowledged, however, that it was a bit strange to change on the original version.
In the beginning it was strange to have to change on it, and it was also strange to hear the new version the first time, but now I've heard it a couple of times, and I really like it. My girlfriend and my management can also, so it is fat.
- You've had a reasonable game 2018, ik?
- Yes, it must have been some insane months, and it has also been hard. We have played over 200 shows, so I have been working insanely much, but it's also been a fucking fat years. I have been very much greater as an artist, and I've played bigger shows than before. 2018 and the song 'the South' has helped to define me as a musician, " says Bridge.
He struck in earnest through with the hit 'Where are you, bro', which also has a double-digit number of streams - in the millions. Like 'the South' is also written by Basim, and the big question was whether the Bridge should be even a one-hit-wonder. He has proven with 'the South', that he is not. On the contrary, he is today one of Denmark's most popular artists.
- of Course it is a totally great relief to get a bigger hit than 'Where are you, bro', for people said, that I would not be able to surpass it. I have done that now, and it goes very well. Also when you look at the account, it is not bad, he laughs.
Salsa version of 'the South' can be heard on various streaming services.