Marco Evaristti dump truck carelessly labben on the kneeling guldskelets skull, so the whole work tremble nervously, as his turns around in his studio in the inner Købenavn.
the Sculpture is doing. The work's creator must know for its robustness.
The 55-year-old Danish provokunstner know however not to the catholic church bristepunkt, as he will now pressure test with his new collection of works that are about to be ready for exhibition in april.
Gallery: Marco Evaristti announces new art 1 of 10 Photo: Linda Johansen 2 of 10 Photo: Linda Johansen 3 of 10 Photo: Linda Johansen 4 of 10 Photo: Linda Johansen 5 of 10 Photo: Linda Johansen 6 of 10 Photo: Linda Johansen 7 of 10 Photo: Linda Johansen 8 of 10 Photo: Linda Johansen 9 of 10 Photo: Marco Evaristti 10 of 10 Photo: Marco Evaristti
the Project, as during the time have the working title of 'Testimonies', consists of sculptures and visual art. Most striking is probably the 13 paintings of skeletons, having sex with children.
Each painting is named after a convicted or accused a catholic priest, and maleriernes sexual actions reflect the victims ' actual testimony.
In the room with the paintings, a gold-plated skeleton just wearing the pope's tall hat sitting in an armchair and consider the works with a glass with Evaristtis blood in his hand.
the Work is a response to the later years of unmanageable large number of allegations of paedophilia in the catholic church.
IN the UNITED states assessed the for example, the John Jay report, in 2014 the number of allegations of sexual abuse of children in the period 1950-2002 for 11,000.
In Australia was a second number on the 4444 charges in the period 1980-2015 against 2000 witnesses, the reports of rapes, physical punishment and other forms of abuse in the period 1936-2009 in Ireland.
- When you remove the meat from people, you remove the religion, racism, sexuality, gender, and the only thing that is left is the realization that we all are the same, says Marco Evaristti. Photo: Marco Evaristti
Marco Evaristti attribute the cause to the catholic priests abuse of children cølibatet, the priests are subject to.
- You can't prevent people from having sex. It is a huge error, and it must be changed. My message is to create a discussion, there is need to make the rules in the catholic church, says Marco Evaristti.
the Artist is even grown up in the catholic faith, but refers to itself today as darwinian.
Although there are scientific not a is clear and demonstrable link between celibacy and paedophilia, draws Evaristti anyway the conclusion.
- I think the pedophilia occurs because adult people can cheat a child. It can be one of the reasons, with adults in the same way.
- If the priests were allowed to fuck the adults, they would do it, but it's easier with a child, says Marco Evarestti.
Usually you see Jesus and his 13 disciples over at Da Vinci's 'The last supper'. Marco Evaristti will make it possible to see the assembly behind and let the receiver speculating about what the assembly looked on. Photo: Marco Evaristti
- Fear you not, that the authorities in the countries you will exhibit in, can find to censor or prohibit your works?
- No, I don't believe it, they will. I will then fight against the authorities with the law for the right to be able to express myself freely. This is not something I have found. It is the testimony of the victims.
Art has its right to express itself fully.
- you Can understand, if someone sees it as child porn?
- It is an awareness of the terrible world we live in, says Marco Evarestti.
the Works will be exhibited first in Chile. Next, Argentina, Australia and the UNITED states.
It is expected that the works for two years, also exhibited in Denmark.
One of the artist's images (cropped, red.). Photo: Marco Evarestti.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Earn millions on art
It is long since succeeded Marco Evaristti to make his art into a business.
- I could retire now if I wanted, but I will not.
- I can't. It's like the writers, poets and musicians - is not on the pension, he says.
He's not going out with, how big the property is, and his recently founded private limited companies reveal it yet.
the Artist do, however, share merrily out of some of the huge amount, he has sold his works of art.
A tin of meatballs made of fat from his own body has been sold for around 50,000 dollars, while a blender from the work 'Helena & El Pescador' has been sold for 450.000.
Many will recall Marco Evaristti just for 'Helena & El Pescador, where he in an attempt to put the focus on the welfare of animals exhibited 10 blenders, all of which were filled with water and live fish.
museum-goers could then put the power to the sharp knives in the bottom of the blenderne and thus cut the fish in small pieces.
the Price of a blender, however, may not catch up with the price of Marco Evaristtis interpretation of Da Vinci's 'The last supper'.
the Work has cost 1.5 million dollars to produce, but a Danish art collector has already made a commitment to buy it for 3.9 million dollars.
- Creativity creates money and money creates creativity. Nice simple, not? says Marco Evarissti, which prides itself on the fact that he never got kunststøtte.