To be locked into a unknown room without knowing how to get out, doesn't sound like something you want to pay money for.
But it is apparently it. Of escape rooms is a growing trend. Also here at home.
the Rooms, where you must solve various puzzles to get out, springing up in many places all over the world.
But it should be a fun fødselsdagsaktivitet, ended up fatal for the five Polish teenage girls on Friday afternoon. While they were shut inside the room and tried to solve the puzzles, started a fire and the girls burned inside and lost their lives.
What caused the fire, and why girls are not reached in time, is still not clear.
Police and the fire brigade in front of the burned-out escape room in Poland. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
There are approximately 40 escape rooms at home and more open all the time. Here, one must not fear to be locked, if there is a fire, telling several Danish directors and owners of escape the rooms for the Extra Magazine.
At Mystery Makers, which has six escape rooms in Copenhagen, you will be locked inside, but they need not fear for their security because of it.
- In our games, you can always get out by taking nødnøglen, which sits in a small glass, and locks itself out, says Mads Lind, who is the director of Mystery Makers.
the Director is very influenced by the accident in Poland.
- I was so sad when I heard about the accident in Poland, where it's just terrible.
Should there be an emergency, there is in all Mystery Makers' space is a nødnøgle, which can open the door. Photo: Jonas Olufson
Kristian Worm, which is the owner and director of the Escape the Room by Midgaard Event, says that it is not all their space, there are locked.
- People do not come with us in order to get a thrill of being locked in. It's all about using his brain in a different way and solve the puzzles. So it does not take the air of the balloon, that they are not locked up, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
- We have good monitoring and people can easily get out, no matter what may arise.
It is not brandmyndighederne, which approves the escape rooms. Instead, it is Byggemyndighederne, which stands for authorization. Both the Mystery Makers and Escape the Room, the city of Midgaard Events escape rooms have the same approval as an office.
Mystery Makers have given the Extra Leaf is allowed to attend the two couples try to get out of one of their escape rooms, which have laboratorietema.
the Gamemaster Tom Tolstoy tells of wearing the white coat participants nødnøglen, they are not allowed to drink the liquids in the flasks in the room, and that they should not begin to tear things down from the wall, but how they come out of the room, he will not tell them. Instead, they receive a cryptic comment:
- All that goes on here goes on up in the head.
- I keep an eye on you, and as I always say: as long As there is cry, there is hope.
At Mystery Makers have some of their space laboratory-theme. Here one should use his creativity, common sense and the logical sense in order to escape. Photo: Jonas Olufson
Cryptic clues are the alpha omega in the escape rooms. Photo: Jonas Olufson
Then the four left to fend for themselves. Calculators, ultraviolet light, and countless failed theories are taken in use. Time in space is characterized by cooperation, curiosity and seriousness.
the Cry, and there is not much of, and the panic spreads, so when it goes up for them, having only three minutes to get out of the room. Despite the fact that the four a short time before they were there, could read that it was in a escape room, five Polish teenage girls the day before lost his life in a tragic fire, solves the task with elevated ro.
And after 58 minutes, and 29 seconds, the code is finally cracked. With a minute and 31 seconds to that siren sounds, they managed the four to get the door opened. To great jubilation for them and the game-master Tom, who praises them highly.
Thought only of the time
Photo credit: Jonas Olufson
- It is very challenging. That is, how one should think in codes. It was hard, but fun.
The two did not think much about that the day before their trip in the escape room had been a terrible accident in a Polish escape room, as they was first in time.
- I was thinking, in fact most on to perform and get out within the time limit. You are a little in a bubble, when you are in there, tells the Bear.
Photo credit: Jonas Olufson
- You will be put to some totally different tasks. And it's super cool when you actually succeeded with it, says Henrik.
the Accident in Poland was filled with a part especially in Her head, before they had to check.
- I thought that I would be hugely concerned that I was locked inside, but I thought not at all. The age of not something that we had to solve riddles to get out, but I just thought at the time and the puzzles, she says.