Stop reopening here.
So clear is the recommendation from the academic director of the Statens Serum Institut Kåre Mølbak for the politicians at Christiansborg. The outlook is a cold bucket of water in the head at the bars, the discos, musicians, and others who have seen towards an increased opening of the Denmark.
Community - 4. aug. 2020 - pm. 14:22 Kåre Mølbak: I can't recommend phase four health
Barkongen Adam Falbert, CEO of REKOM, underlines its understanding of the security aspect of a reopening, but says:
- However, I will strongly encourage to our industry and the authorities as soon as possible sit down together and establish some clear criteria and a concrete roadmap for when and how the reopening of the nightlife can take place. There is a need for clarity and reassurance about the industry's future. In this connection, it is advantageous to draw on the experience of Norway and Finland, where the nightlife is reopened, says Adam Falbert.
He has built an empire that, among other things is behind the well-known concepts, such as A-Bar, Heidi's Bier Bar, The Happy Pig and the Hornsleth Bar.
Adam Falbert. Photo: Peter Hove Olesen
If the next phase of the reopening put on hold, it can be a bloodbath, he continues and calls for new initiatives.
- at the same time, it is absolutely necessary for the industry's survival, to review the existing stimulus measures and looks at the possibility of increasing the level. With today's announcement, our industry look forward to being completely shut down for over half a year.
- As an absolute minimum there is a need for an extension of the existing arrangements. But I am far from being sure that it will be enough, that we will not see a lot of bankruptcies in the industry, predicts he.
Three quick to Falbert
- It is clear that if the reopening of the nightlife will be exposed, which is of course all the evidence, so it is expensive for REKOM. We have no turnover, when we are closed, and even if the existing stimulus plans cover part of our expenses, then we will lose the of course money every day - and it applies throughout the whole of our industry. Therefore, it is also necessary to hjælpepakkerne to the industry are being extended and improved.
- Yes we are ready to open, but the decision on when we can reopen, which depends, ultimately, on a health assessment. We do not want to open the before created security, that it is fully justifiable. Now, from all indications, the reopening will be postponed, so what we need is some clear criteria and a concrete roadmap for when and how the reopening of the nightlife can take place.
- But when we get a go, we can be ready to open in 48 hours. Of course, we have done our homework and are ready with a series of actions to minimize the risk of contamination. We will also launch an app, where guests must register so that we can contribute to a fast and efficient smitteopsporing, should the need be there.
- The last thing we need is a premature re-opening. In turn, we need clear criteria and a timetable for the reopening of the nightlife, so we have something to relate to. In addition, the seriousness with hjælpepakkerne. It is imperative that they be improved and extended.Show more Close