It was a drømmeskifte. Different could it not be, when going from Hannover in Germany to Barcelona in Spain.
And in the Spanish thrive Casper U. Mortensen is quite good. But the left wing is halfway through his first season at his new club, and he has definitely proved its worth with several great performances in the Champions League.
he must Now continue his development at the WORLD championships for the Danish national team, and there can be no doubt that it is a man with confidence, that goes on the floor in the morning in the Royal Arena for the opening match against Chile.
But first, we take a trip around Barcelona and leave the word to Casper U.
– It is huge. When I arrived, there was a huge multitude of impressions, there just had to be sucked in. But it's gone really well for the first five-six months. The club is really skilled to take care of the new players. Everything is topprofessionelt, and we also go to Spanish lessons each week. I go along with Kevin Mills and our left back from Portugal. It is cosy.
– Now you can clear the menu?
– Yes, I can, more or less. It is important with the language, all running in Spanish at the training session. There is no choice.
– There is a great competition and elitemiljø to be in. We have players on all of the seats. Also those sitting on the substitute bench. It just does, that you need to be razor sharp at each and every game. It has matured me. It is the same when we train. All of which give the full gas.
- You can see Raul Entrerrios, who is 37 years old, hang out in the bagnettet after rolling through on the outside after an hour and 45 minute workout. It is hugely motivating. How to train all, and so do you it even.
– It is a super healthy environment to be in, and the circumstances are also to be able to make a top team. We lost out to Rhein Neckar Löwen in the first Champions Leaguekamp. Since we have not lost a single match. We are currently in the Champions League group with five points down to the next team. We have done our work in the Spanish league and has won four titles so far.
– As a starting point are changing our coach link every quarter, and it means that we all the time are fresh. We make the 35-40 goals every time. It is quite unique.
Casper U. Mortensen ended up in a club practically bathe through the domestic league. The big goal is to win the Champions League.
I talked with them about before I came to the club. Last season had been hugely disappointing, because the smoke out already in the 1/8-finals at Montpellier.
– It is a fat pressure, and it is also why I have taken down there. To win the Champions League.
But now the first WORLD cup, Casper U. Mortensen expects that the Danish national team can take advantage of being on home ground.
– It is something very special to stand in front of 15.000 spectators, who sings on the nationalmelodien. It is something unique, as we all will remember back upon. The goal is to get in the semi-final, and then we shall see from there, says Casper U. Mortensen.