Jyske Bank has come in vogue, after the bank on Monday announced that, in future, will replace the customer combined Visadankort, respectively, with a Visa card and a credit card.
It gets more of the customers, Extra Bladet met on the street in front of the bank branch on Vesterbrogade in Copenhagen, for fear that they will now get to pay even higher fees than they do already.
- Two cards instead of one may not mean anything other than more fees. It I'm sure. I have considered changing the bank, after I got the news on Monday, saying the 28-year-Jyske Bank-customer Kristoffer Dark to Ekstra Bladet.
- Jyske Bank believes that it is an advantage for you as a customer, you now even get the ability to choose what you can pay with?
- I can only see the disadvantages. I get an additional card in the purse. It also provides an additional card that can be hacked or misused. It is in all ways a bad idea, does it sound from the HF-student.
Photo: Olivia Loftlund
Nor the 32-year-old Kasper Bendtsen is impressed with the bank's plans. He is not a customer of the bank, but have followed the development closely.
- If it means more fees, it's hopeless. I think a lot of what I use of the banking transaction, and I can only shake his head over it here.
- A report released by the national Bank in the autumn shows that Visa cards are generally more expensive to use than dankortet. Jyske Bank assures that it benefits customers and not going to cost extra. Do you believe in them?
I have a very hard time. At the same time I can't understand why you want to split a functioning map up to two, in my eyes, less good.
Photo: Olivia Loftlund
Beware of all our dankort
75-year-old Jens Egeholm choose to see the time a little. He just hope that the banks will take care of and maintain dankortet.
- In the media they say that it will be dankortets finally. I don't believe it. Dankortet is a good card. It should probably be used. I am going to use it every day.
- So you agree with Jyske Bank, when they say that it is an advantage for the customers to split Visadankortet in two?
- I is not going to use Visakortet anyway. I already have a Mastercard which I use abroad. The only problem is, if they raise the fees. But they must fit in dankortet. It is a good card.
Photo: Olivia Loftlund
On Jyske Bank's Facebook page, customers are also critical of the initiative. Here it flowed into the with lookup, since the plans on Monday, was published.
'Dear Royal Bank, I would like to be able to say "no thanks" to split the visa/dankort. And especially no thanks to a settlement of dankortet, which of course is truly what you want to achieve with this stunt, if we must be honest with each other...', is the beginning of a critical lookup from Christian Andreas Hope.
Nor Torben Ibsen is satisfied.
'And I need to learn two codes instead of one. Just because Royal Bank will wring out some more Visa fees out of me', he writes.
'A farewell to the visa/dankort is a farewell to the Royal Bank, for my part', is salutten from Sven Elming.
It is far from just the customers that are dissatisfied with Jyske Bank's new idea.
the Consumer council Tænk, the Danish business world and The Co-operating Merchants have all criticized the initiative.
The same has politicians on both sides of the middle of the Palace.
trade and industry minister Rasmus Jarlov langer in a tweet out after the Royal Bank.
the Minister believes the move may be that consumers ultimately are going to pay more for their goods, when they are acting in the Danish shops.
'Must be a percentage of the payments in the Danish stores in the future go to VISA or MasterCard, because Dankortet disappear? The government has a hard time seeing any advantages. Dankortet saves the Danish stores for large sums of money and keep the prices down slightly in Denmark', writes Jarlov.
a percentage of the payments in the Danish stores in the future go to VISA or MasterCard, because Dankortet disappear? the— Rasmus Jarlov (@RasmusJarlov) January 9, 2019
It has the government find it difficult to see any advantages. the
Dankortet saves the Danish stores for large sums of money and keep the prices down slightly in Denmark
Also the Socialist finansordfører, Benny Engelbrecht, is harm.
- We are talking about a credit card, which is a fundamental payment solution, which also is definitely the cheapest to use, because it is so widespread, and we have created a good model, says Benny Engelbrecht.
- And the bottom line is that the banks are still moving consumers away from the cheap payment solutions and instead give the banks a greater earnings, thunders from.