Over 100 children and coaches have been sick after eating the food that has been delivered to two other in the north of Zealand.
It wrote the DR on Tuesday night.
the Extra Leaf has found the company, which is the cause of the outbreak. There is a company in Virum by the name of HB Catering, which has served food to the kids and coaches on the fodboldskolerne organized by Lyngby Boldklub and the Virum-Sorgenfri Boldklub.
- We do not know yet what it is that has happened. When we got wind of it, then notified it to the Fda, says Dan Juul Nielsen, who is co-owner of the company.
Is this something that has happened before?
- No, never - and we've driven it for nine years in different places, says Dan Juul Nielsen for the Extra Blade and at the same time stresses that they are cooperating fully with the Fda to find out what has happened.
According to the DR is the individual has been treated at the hospital, and the over 100 participants who have been sick in the fodboldskolerne, has been infected with tarmbakterien yersinia.
According to Dan Juul Nielsen revolves around the suspicion about the meatballs, that has been served for the kids and the coaches in the previous week.
- Yes, but it is only a suspicion, because the bacteria is in the pork, and it is not everyone who has been sick, he says with reference to that in total took part 559 of fodboldskolerne.
- So our suspicion is the meatballs, which we have purchased ready made - but it is only a suspicion, so I can't say anything now, he says.
the Kids and the coaches have been sick with abdominal pain, fever, and diarrhea after they have had an infection with the bacterium.
- It must be an unpleasant experience as a company, that there are so many who have been sick, after you have served food for them?
- Very, very uncomfortable, it's simply so regrettable - and the kids are on holiday. It is simply appalling.
- How if you sleep at night?
- I am not sleeping particularly well. It is just terrible. But I can't really do anything until we find out what it is, and we do it together with the Fda, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
He explains to Ekstra Bladet, that the company shall not have delivered the same food to other customers.
Jacob Munkhøj from the Food Copenhagen, under the jurisdiction of the Fda, says to Ritzau, that is a big outbreak.
- When in the whole of 2018 were 282 registered cases, is it here with close to 200 cases in a large outbreak, he says.
According to the Danish veterinary and food administration provides an infection with the bacterium yersinia is most often not further consequences.
- There may be some later follows with, for example, tenderness in various joints. It is the minority of sufferers who experience it, says Jakob Munkhøj Nielsen to the news agency Ritzau and at the same time says that he believes that the outbreak is over.