the News that Christer Björkman is betting on the united states and a completely remodeled music competition came at 12 noon Swedish time on Wednesday.
– the Eurovision song contest and Eurovision has been a part of my life since I was little, " says Christer Björkman.
– Now start a new chapter. A great challenge and so inspiring.
Björkman has worked with the Swedish Melodifestivalen since 2002, but it is clear that his last year as tävlingsproducent will be 2021 when the successor Karin Gunnarsson takes over. And now, it is thus clear that Björkman pursuing a new television career in the united states.
How it will be with the Eurovision song contest in 2021, is not entirely clear:
" by 2020 everything will return to normal and perhaps also in 2021, we'll see how far our new projects have come by then. If 2021 is affected so there's a plan for the thing, " said Christer Björkman who is the one who will work with the music in the new program.
" this may be my last big project.
Bjorkman, director and tv-producer Anders Lenhoff, presenter and producer, Peter Settman and his company, Brain Academy and Ola Melzig is a production manager for the Eurovision. Together they create a show that will cover all of the us states:
"We do not yet know if there will be contests in each state or if there will be any other concept, but it is certainly something we are looking at," says Anders Lenhoff, who among other things has produced ”Expedition: Robinson”, ”Shipping company” and the Radio. Anders Lenhoff has also produced the Eurovision song contest on two occasions.
did Eurovision in Kyiv in 2017, and we represent the three pillars on which the Eurovision is based on, " says Anders Lenhoff.
– There is nothing more exciting than the Eurovision now! But a year ago we started to negotiate with the EBU on a new idea.
two weeks ago, the three an exclusive license to bring the Eurovision to the united states.
– 2021 or 2022 we start. We expect to do something over a season and not over a few days. But we do not have any contract with any television network yet, " says Anders Lenhoff who do not want to close any doors when he was asked if other markets can be current in addition to the united states.
friend Ola Melzig is a production manager for this year's Eurovision, and also it was in Lisbon last year, is in the new venture. Melzig runs the company M&M production management AB and has, among other things, produced the nobel prize award ceremony, The Commonwealth games and was appointed by 2017 to this year's production of the magazine Total Production International. Together they have three a very long experience of producing music for tv.
"I became embroiled in the Eurovision in the year 2000 and this is my fifteenth, I love the show," says Ola Melzig.
the Show is the most complicated in the world, here in Tel Aviv, we draw out three ladies on the sticks in 30 seconds, describe Melzig what can happen in Eurovision and alludes to Australia's contribution in the year.Christer Björkman danced with The Mamas and John Lundvik just before the press conference began. Photo: Clas Svahn
Melzig says he is going to do the american variant is equally stunning as the Eurovision.
" It'll be just as good if not better.
The three were at the press conference the confident and optimistic that they will succeed with the show in the united states:
"We really have the level of knowledge, we take with us and we are the key to this to go well," says Christer Björkman.
– It can probably be like the Eurovision song contest with a mix of both newcomers and artists who are professionals. It is in Eurovision as well, " says Christer Björkman who are happy to see that the contest is based on the U.S. states.
" We have to learn how the american market works. And americans need to learn the soul of the Eurovisionidén, says Christer Björkman.
– And we need to learn the american soul. The meeting will be very exciting, " says Anders Lenhoff.
– the Creative process, " says Christer Björkman.
" this is a once in a life time bet. It is the most amazing project I've heard speak out on, " says Anders Lenhoff.
on Wednesday, was also Dave Goodman from the European radio and television union, EBU, which owns the rights to the Eurovision song contest.
– the united states is the world's largest tevemarknad and the world's largest music market. Now we take Eurovisionkonceptet there, says Dave Goodman.
During this year's Eurovision in Tel Aviv, Christer Björkman has been responsible for the production of the actual race, which was the fifth time. His job is to make sure that all of the 41 participating countries feel that they have got the very best conditions they can get to do his numbers justice.
the task. 41 the different views and temperament to have their different opinions catered for, before everything is ready.
– in Addition, countries have extremely different cultural grounds in how they look at the taste and how it should look like when you express yourself in a certain way, but it is also what makes this so amazing and fascinating and incredibly educational. Sometimes you just have to accept that, they want it to look like, " said Christer Björkman to DN at an interview earlier in the week.
" I'm starting to get a routine on Eurovision now, something I do not think any other has had. There is something awsome in the start to be able to do this, to know how different countries think and what they have for default.
should not be confused with The great American song contest which is in its 21st year and is being implemented in ten different categories, including rock, pop, hip hop and country but also to award prizes to the songwriter and the lyricist.