MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): - When you go in for a first round, you are always a little nervous, but I have trained well and turned to the right many balls.
Caroline Wozniacki adds the last, as she must reassure themselves.
she might well have used a more ’typical’ opponent in a nervous, first round at a grand slam, where she actually is the defending champion.
But now it's all about anything but the typical opponent in the guise of belgian Alison van Uytvanck.
- I try to take it as all the other matches. Try to get a good start. I need to focus more on myself than on the opponent, she says.
- It is a good feeling, that it's all managed here last year, but when I come out in the morning it's about to start again, and so is the focus from the first ball and the first batch.
today Caroline Wozniacki take its first step towards a title defense. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
the Victory on the gravel in Rome last year is their only mutual clash. And although there is talk of two different combat situations, so she can use it for a little, she thinks.
- I have at least tried to play against her before, so I know what I'm up against.
- She has a good serve and play very atypical, very flat and aggressively. She can mix the pace up.
- It is for me to be focused all the time and get so many returns in play as possible. And then I even serve well, says Caroline Wozniacki, who server the Australian Open started a little after at nine o'clock on Monday morning, Danish time.
Caroline Wozniacki at the Australian Open
Winner: Simona Halep 7-6, 3-6, 6-4
3. round: Johanna Contaminated, Britain, 6-3 6-1
1.round: Yulia Putintseva, Kazakhstan, 1-6 7-6(3) 6-4
2. round: Victoria Azarenka, Belarus, 6-4 6-2
3. round: Garbiñe Muguruza, of Spain, 4-6 7-5 6-3
4. round: Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia 6-2 2-6 7-5
Quarter-final: Kim Clijsters, Belgium, 6-3 7-6(4)
semi final: Na Li, China, 3-6 7-5 6-3
4. round: Na Li of China, 6-4 6-3
3. round: Jelena Dokic, Australia, 3-6 6-1 6-2
4. round: Ana Ivanovic, of Serbia, 6-1 7-6(2)
read more Close