the President of The International ski association (FIS), Gian Franco Kasper, must go.
this is the sound of the call from the a number of winter sport enthusiasts in an open letter after the 75-year-old president has made several controversial statements.
In an interview with the swiss newspaper Taken-Anzeiger earlier this week, the president said, among other things, that the OLYMPICS has become too expensive for that european democracies can hold it.
- the OLYMPICS has been huge, and therefore, if we manage no longer to find candidates. It is too expensive and too big, he said to the newspaper.
- Dictatorships can arrange the games, they don't need to ask the people.
- It is quite simply easier with dictatorships. From a marketing perspective, I want to have the OLYMPICS located in the dictatorships. So do I get rid of to be in conflict with environmental activists, he said.
In the interview he was also asked as to what impact climate change has on the sports that are dependent on the weather in the winter.
Gian Franco Kasper referred to it as "so-called "climate change".
Sports and Games the Legend's incredible life: Stabs, strip, porn, and prison!
- We have snow, sometimes really very much snow, he said and pointed to the cold temperatures at the winter OLYMPICS in Pyeongchang in 2018.
He later apologised for his comments and stressed that they should not be taken literally.
Still, they dropped several of the authors in the chest. In an open letter the writing represented the interests Protect Our Winters (Protect Our Winters), to Gian Franco Kasper should go.
Many athletes in the group, who include researchers, business people and snowboardproducenten Burton.
- The (article in the Take-Anzeiger, red.) confirms what we have known from the insiders for years. To the leadership of the organization will not recognize scientific evidence that threatens the entire industry, writes the group.
Gian Franco Kasper is in these days to the present in the Swedish Åre, which is the host for the WORLD cup in alpine skiing.
Ski - 1. feb. 2019 - at. 17:42 Skidronning in a heartbreaking career-exit
Skiing - 7. feb. 2019 - at. 22:55 Ouch! Ski star blue ass
Sport and the New season is on the doorstep: F1-the rules you might have missed
Sports and Games Brøndby-captain: 'Gold-collapse that will stay with me the rest of my life'
Sport and the Game of Football's craziest agreements: cooking lessons, LEGO-houses and vægtbøder