My daughter played the casino on Tuesday. 5. February at home with me, and because she had lost her map, so borrowed the she my.
She paid and the money went fine through to Tivoli Casino - and she was actually the whole night and played.
so begins Winni B a letter to the nation! about the peculiar situation she and her daughter ended up in. Even though the casino could find out how to receive the $ 500, Winnis daughter borrowed on his mother's short, then they could not figure out how to pay the money, his daughter actually won. And in the answer Tivoli Casino subsequently sent to the nation!, they tell that it's about the suspicion of 'money laundering, spilmisbrug or, for example, identity theft or similar crime'. You can see Tivoli Casinos answers below - Winnis letter about the lucky/unlucky night in front of the spillecomputerenfortsætter namely as follows:
She was lucky and was able to put the 50,000 dkk to the payout, but since the money was not paid, she contacted the casino via email.
- They asked for documents/images of the map, she has used through time, and it got the, but then they wrote that it was illegal, that she had used my card. And the case the sku is sent further up in their system.
She borrowed a total of 500kr and we have now been inside on trustpilot, and there are many, many similar stories, so it must be a general problem with Tivoli casino, that they will not pay out the winnings.
It was Tuesday 5/2... and I have written back and forth with them, and see what they correspond, ending Winni, who has sent this screenshot:
And in a mail confirming the casino, to Winnis daughter's win not being paid out:
- It is true that TivoliCasino.dk is not going to disburse the amount mentioned.
- TivoliCasino.dk is operated in accordance with the rules that apply to providers of gambling in Denmark. This means, among other things, that we are committed to ensuring that our players are the persons they report to be, just as we are obliged to intervene when there are indicators of money laundering, spilmisbrug or, for example, identity theft or similar crime.
- It follows from all of six different places in the TivoliCasino.dks Terms and Conditions, that you are only allowed to play on own means, to another will be considered as abuse, that winnings will not be paid in the event of abuse and to TivoliCasino.dk, without notice, may terminate your account for breach of the rules.
- It is also apparent, when one registers his debit card, that it must be one's own cards.
- If the, if the card has been used/abused by another, want the spent amount back, he or she shall make an objection against the payment via its bank, which will then seek recourse (as it is called) at TivoliCasino. sounds it in the first place from the Tivoli Casino, and since the nation! subsequently ask when they become aware that the customer breaks your rules, how often it happens that they close an account, how many may have laundered money Tivoli Casino has got in the box last year and the money will be sent on to the authorities, sounds the long and thorough reply the following:
as for your specific question, so can and I will not get into the case, then the following shall apply our general behavior in TivoliCasino.dk
Attention to the fact that a player has broken the rules, comes in connection with the implementation of the kundekendskabsprocedurer, we are committed to according to the hvidvasklovens § 10). § 11 (see below).
- Kundekendskabsproceduren be taken, when the player requests payment of the amount of 15.000 kr. (€2,000) or more, whether the transaction happens at once or in several transactions that are or appear to be interconnected.
- in Addition, customers may be asked for documentation as part of a random sampling; if there is doubt as to whether the previously obtained information about the player's identity is sufficient, or elsewhere if there is a suspicion of money laundering or financing of terrorism.
- If there is any inconsistency between the information we have on the player, and the documentation, play submit as part of the kundekendskabsproceduren, including a copy of the debit card, which is used on the player's gaming account, the suspended player's gaming account and the funds are frozen.
- in Addition to to comply with our obligations under the money laundering act, we are also obliged to ensure that the player does not lend his account out to others who may have registered in ROFUS, are minors or for other reasons, not can legally play with us.
- When we prohibit the use of someone else's debit card, it is therefore also in order to avoid the rules, which among other things, to ensure responsible gaming, bypassed.
- the Rules also ensures against abuse of someone else's debit card – and also against the exploitation of these rules, f.ex. by a betalingskortholder makes an objection against a deposit at Tivoli Casino, because the player and the card holder wishes to reverse bets that did not win. This, unfortunately, we have seen examples of.
- When we suspend a gaming account, imposes a freezing of we the funds on spilkontoen. We are forwarding a copy of the decision to The Danish gambling authority and shall inform the public Prosecutor for Special Economic and International Crime.
- We are awaiting a statement from the above-mentioned authorities in relation to a further processing of the case, including the handling of the frozen funds.
- I am referring to the two authorities for information about the frequency of cases of money laundering or other criminal matter, writes the Tivoli Casino, but what are you thinking?
the Law on money laundering
the relevant provisions of The money laundering act is hvidvasklovens § 10, no. 3, 4 and 5 (when there must be implemented kundekendskabsprocedurer) and § 11 (what the procedure):
section 10. Companies and persons subject to this law shall implement the kundekendskabsprocedurer, cf. §§ 11-21, when the
3) in connection with the offering of bets receive bets, pay out winnings, or both, of at least 2,000 euro, whether the transaction happens at once or in several transactions that are or appear to be linked
4) there is a suspicion of money laundering or terrorist financing, notwithstanding that the conditions laid down in no. 2 and 3 are not met, or
5) there is doubt as to whether previously obtained data on the customer's identity is correct or adequate.
section 11. Kundekendskabsprocedurer include the following:
1) the Entity or person must obtain the client's identity information.
(a), the customer Is a natural person, the identity information include the name and social security number of el.etc., if the person does not have a social security number. The person in question is not a cpr-number el.etc., to identity information include date of birth.
(b), the customer Is a legal person, the identity information include the name and vat number of el.etc., if the legal person does not have a cvr number.
2) the Entity or person must verify the customer's identity on the basis of documents, data or information obtained from a reliable and independent source.
3) the Entity or person must obtain information about the identity of the real owners and to implement reasonable measures to verify the real owners identity so that the company or the person with certainty who the real owners are. Is the customer a legal person, including implemented reasonable measures to clarify the legal person's ownership and control structure.
4) the Entity or person must assess and, where relevant, obtain information on the forretningsforbindelsens purpose and intended nature of the case.
5) Undertakings and persons shall continuously monitor an established business relationship. Transactions carried out as part of a business relationship must be monitored to ensure that the operations are in accordance with the company's or person's knowledge of the customer and the customer's business and risk profile, including where necessary the source of funds. Documents, data or information about the customer to be continuously updated.
the first Paragraph. 2. Inform a person that he is acting on behalf of a client, or is otherwise any doubt about whether a person is acting on their own behalf, companies and individuals also identify the person, and his identity must be verified by a reliable and independent source. Companies and individuals must further ensure that natural or legal persons, acting on behalf of a customer, empowered there, however not if the person is a lawyer called to the bar here in the country or in another EU or EEA country.
the first Paragraph. 3. Companies and individuals must implement all kundekendskabskrav, cf. paragraph. 1 and 2. The scope of kundekendskabsproceduren may, however, be carried out from a risk assessment. In the assessment must be included information about forretningsforbindelsens purpose, scope, regularity, and duration. The assessment must, as a minimum, involve the factors, as presented in annex 2 and 3.
the first Paragraph. 4. The company or the person must be able to demonstrate to the authority supervising the person's compliance with the law, to the knowledge of the customer is sufficient in relation to the risk of money laundering and the financing of terrorism.