Should a policeman receive a gift or a trip from a friend, or is it bribery?
The issue should the Supreme court today is to decide in a case where the rigmanden Karsten Ree invited two officers who had investigated him, a trip to Africa.
The two policemen were first acquitted in the Court of Elsinore and ago sentenced to 20 days imprisonment in the high Court to have received bribes from the rigmanden Karsten Ree in the form of a trip to the 73-year-old rigmands camp in Africa.
Karsten Ree never been indicted in the case.
Understand the proceedings against the officers
In the fall of 2014 investigating the two officers from The Police a case against Karsten Ree on trafficking in human beings. In december 2014, waives the charges against Karsten Ree.
In march 2015, Karsten Rees neighbor is experiencing a hjemmerøveri. Rigmanden finds tracks in the snow and contacts the two officers who have previously investigated him in order to look at the spores and, moreover, about the security of his home.
There occurs a good chemistry between the parties during the visit to Karsten Rees home. The ushers and Ree talking about dreams and journeys, and it is here the journey to Karsten Rees farm in Kenya, Karen Blixen Camp, comes in. The ushers and Karsten Ree are not talking about price or discounts for the journey.
22. november to 6. december is the two cops in Africa – respectively, at the Karen Blixen Camp and at the Bluebay Beach Resort Tanzania. They paid even airline tickets and transport in Africa. The prosecutor believes that the journey has a value of over 26,000 pounds Karsten Ree believes that his gesture to his friends, actually cost him around 500 dollars. They lived free of charge in farmens tents and come on already arranged tours.
the police officers were acquitted in the Court of Elsinore in september 2017. The case was appealed by the prosecution. In march 2013, they received each a sentence of 20 days imprisonment in the high Court to have violated the penal code provision on passive bribery.
In the Supreme court, it emerged that the prosecutor considers that the punishment must be tightened to between 40 and 50 days imprisonment for the two officers.
At the defense said, however, that the officers either must be dismissed or the case should be taken back to the Court of appeal, when one considers that there has been placed a proof in the Court of appeal, which has not been led under hovedforhandlingen in the Court of Elsinore.
today, it was held that the case finds its decision of 20. march.
Karsten Ree in front of the court. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
The two officers became friends with Karsten Ree, after they had investigated a case of human trafficking against rigmanden. The criminal charges dropped in december 2014.
After the charges were dropped, invited Ree them on the coffee to thank for a good treatment. It was here, the journey to Africa came on to talk.
Back in september of 2017 were the two cops - the one at the end of the 50's and the other in the middle of the 60's - acquitted in the Court of Elsinore, but the prosecutor chose to appeal the case, and the court of appeal reached the opposite result. The men were punished with 20 days imprisonment, after Karsten Ree had covered a large part of their expenses for a trip to Kenya and Zanzibar.
According to the public prosecutor's office the officers received bribes of Karsten Ree for about 26,000 crowns, while rigmanden believes that his real cost to their stay in the camp has been in the vicinity of 500 dollars. It has previously been Ree to call the matter to the 'absolutely crazy'.
Karsten Ree and Janni Ree leaving the courthouse. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
As Extra the Blade met Karsten Ree outside of court and asked how he was, that the matter has now reached the Supreme court, he seemed unruffled.
- I have it really good, then it finally, and so you're going to proceed regardless of the outcome. So one must respect it. More is there not to say about it, even though you may think it is so crazy to run around in, how expensive a trip or a stay for other people would be. It has to manifest from the prosecution's side, not at all mastered, it sounded from Karsten Ree, who continued.
- the Price is wrong. They have even paid their entire transportation. I could understand if I had just given it all away, that it is so not right. (...) You can figure out what it costs, to someone sleeping in a tent, there is available in advance, and then they get three meals of food a day. It is to overlook. Three days does not give the 26,000 crowns, which is taken forward as an argument.
- Undo you, to you, in this context, asked that available?
- Only if the case gets a negative outcome. It falls off on the wrong foot, so regret I like it, but I still do it again a second time, as long as I can vouch for it and say it's a reasonable size cadeau, you give some people. So will I blow on the rest. So is my conscience pure, he pitched fast.
Danish celebrity - 1. sep. 2017 - at. 14:04 Judgment in the Rees bestikkelsessag
Danish well-known - 28. aug. 2017 - at. 15:00 Janni and Karsten Ree in the court of bestikkelsessag
the police officers have been suspended from their jobs in the north Zealand Police in the case.