If you notice allergic reaction symptoms in your baby or your little one is prone to them, the best solution is to visit your doctor. In such cases, many parents choose a hypoallergenic formula under the pediatrician's guidance and supervision, especially if they are faced with this issue for the first time.
7 tips parents should definitely use when buying HA baby formula:
Most babies prone to allergy need a hydrolyzed baby formula that is labeled "HA."
1. It is quite important that the formula composition should not include coconut, rapeseed, or palm oil.
2. Be sure to check the date of manufacture and expiration date.
3. Introduce any new formula to your baby's diet gradually, watching his or her reaction.
4. Make a food diary, and note there everything that has to do with feeding. Write down which hypoallergenic formula is best, and compare notes.
5. Don't change the formula too often. Each product has to be adapted to the body, and this takes time.
6. Choose a product to feed according to the age of the baby. As a rule, babies from birth to six months should take HA formula marked "1", over 6 months - with a sign "2", after a year - "3". If a baby is prematurely born, or too weak, the suitable formula is marked "0" or "Pre," but only after doctor's recommendation. At every age, the nutrient requirements of a baby are different. For example, HIPP HA Pre is an organic formula for newborns enriched with prebiotics, probiotics, and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids supporting a baby's immature digestive system.
7. Always carefully check the composition of the formula. The quality of the formula depends on the ingredients, not its price. Many mass-market formulas may have absolutely identical components as some expensive alternatives. Study other mothers' reviews and ratings to understand what a particular product is.