250 ml of water
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp dry yeast
400 g flour + extra to bebloemen
1 tsp salt
dash of sunflower oil
1 egg white
mustard (to serve)
1. Heat the water until just lukewarm. Remove from the heat. Add the sugar and the yeast. Stir until everything is incorporated and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Put the flour and salt in the bowl of the standing mixer. Bring on the ‘deeghaak’ in the unit and add the mixture. Set the device to medium speed and mix 1 minute.
3. Now place the unit in high speed and mix 5 minutes.
4. Grease the mixing bowl with sunflower oil and place the dough in it. Cover with plastic wrap and leave for 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled, to rest in a warm place
5. Heat the oven to 220°C.
6. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll a piece of dough, on a bebloemd work surface, into a narrow sausage of about 40 to 50 cm and form into a pretzel. Work all the dough on it and place the pretzels each on a with baking paper covered baking tray. Leave for 30 minutes to rise.
7. Whisk the egg white with a small splash of water to loosen and coat the pretzels. Sprinkle then with salt.
8. Slide the pretzels in the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
interested in more snacks? Trial than this partyhapjes!
do you Want the recipes and articles of NINA COOK every Friday in your mailbox? Subscribe to our newsletter!