the Danes have in the degree of the bend dankortet, after society has begun to open again after the corona-decommissioning.
That has given a massive advancement in retail sales in may, which has risen 9.4 percent from april. This was stated by the Statistics Denmark.
It is the largest monthly increase since the beginning of 2000, where statistics was launched.
The massive increase is, according to Tore Stramer, who is chief economist at the confederation of Danish Industries, a ketchupeffekt.
- There are probably many danes, who have had an accumulated consumption, because they have had to hand at home under coronakrisen, he says.
It is expected to fall in June and July, and Tore Stramer may well be a little nervous about the sale the next time.
- When viewing the economic indicators, there are signs that unemployment could rise further over the summer.
- There are also signs that the export sector can be hit hard by the slowdown in the world economy. So not everything is joy and gammen, says the chief competition economist.
In the middle of march introduced a series of restrictions to curb the spread of the coronavirus in Denmark. It has given a declining retail sales.
In the march to may has the sale been 1.1 percent lower than in the period from december 2019 to February 2020, when adjusted for normal seasonal variations.
11. may was a number of restrictions for the retail industry, however, abolished - among other malls again been able to open the doors, just as there have been a small space to the customers in the stores.
It has according to the Danish Statistics has been to provide an 'extraordinary increase' in retail sales in may.
- It is estimated that this re-opening in conjunction with the continued decommissioning of other parts of society have contributed to the significant increase in retail sales, writing, Statistics Denmark.
Special sales of clothing has grown massively in may. Here was the sales close to doubled from the month before.
however, It is still not back at the level, before the community closed down to contain the infection with the corona virus.