- of Course we have tickles in the stomach. But it is a positive tickles. We welcome game much to it here. It is indeed a dream. And I've always had it like that dreams should be lived out. One should not just talk about them.
the 53-year-old Søren P. Rasmussen, who is the former mayor of Lyngby-Taarbæk Municipality, sets the 31. July the exchange rate against the Normandy region of France.
Here he bought three years ago - together with her husband Klaus Bentin - a drømmeslot. Or a chateau, as they say on the edges.
Now eksborgmesteren start a whole new life in the French.
the Castle must be our dwelling place. But we have arranged it so that we can operate a 'high-end' bed & breakfast with breakfast, Søren P. Rasmussen to the Extra Blade.
Eksborgmester Søren P. Rasmussen in full swing to fix up the castle. Private
over the past three years, the pair, along with local artisans and friends set castle able.
the castle Itself is 1,200 square feet. In addition, a self-gartnerbolig.
There are also stables, garages, greenhouses and an orangery to the site.
the Castle is located close to the town of Bagnoles de L'Oraine and 350 kilometers from Paris.
- It has been hard work and we still used plenty of elbow grease. But it is nice that you can see the result of your work right away. How it is not always the case in politics, says the former Left-mayor.
Søren P. Rasmussen and Klaus Bentin is not unfamiliar with the castles. Here is the pair of guests at the queen Margrethe's 70 years birthday. Photo: Keld Navntoft/Ritzau Scanpix
the Chateau du Gué aux Biches can be dated back to the middle ages. Since, however, it has undergone a number of alterations. The most recent major renovation took place in 1907, where the local mayor owned the beautiful building.
- Yes, now there is a mayor in more. But I should certainly not drive the politics on the ground, laughing Søren P. Rasmussen.
It is primarily for him to drive the bed & breakfast on site.
Klaus Bentin,56, must work in the financial sector in France.
the Castle is right up to a large-scale natural park and only 100 kilometers from Omaha Beach, where the great invasion of 1944 took place.
- There is lots of history attached to the castle. On the doors on the 2. sal has written a number of German names. It shows that German soldiers during 2. World war were accommodated here in the castle. Also the well-known French writer Alexandre Dumas has lived there, says Søren P. Rasmussen.
the Couple has made efforts to renovate the castle, so that it appears as original as possible.
- We bought the castle with all the furnishings, Søren P. Rasmussen.
the purchase price is not official.
- But I can say so much, that it has cost roughly the same, as a good cottage costs in Denmark. In addition, we put the cost of the renovation.
Bed & Breakfast open until February next year.
- We have been somewhat delayed by the coronakrisen. Fortunately our area is not affected by the virus.
It is unclear whether the couple intends to remain in France the rest of his life, or if there already is a time frame for when the French adventure to end.
- It is not something that is in our thoughts. There can of course be done anything which may make it necessary to return home. But, as I said, realise we have our dream now, and this is where our focus lies.
We have many friends and family in Denmark. But my experience is that one often comes closer to each other, when one party is abroad, says Søren P. Rasmussen.