Save the plants – now hit the frostnätterna to
Now start frostnätterna come ever closer. It is high time to take care of the garden's delicate plants. Here is the gardener Bosse Rappnes the best tips.
the Temperature can distinguish properly in our country. The last few days we have had frost in our southern and central parts, while northern sweden had several degrees. But the week before had the northern parts frost and the central and southern parts low on plus around the clock with daytime temperatures upwards of 20 degrees.
– There are a lot of plants that can tolerate some freezing temperatures, or light nattfrost. Cabbage of course, chrysanthemums, diamond frost, geraniums and verbena, among other things, " says gardener Bosse Rappne who runs the palace garden to the Palace.
Put on a filter cloth of annual plants during the frosty höstnätter survive a while longer. It is only a few frostnätter just below zero, you can also cover the knölväxterna and medelhavsväxterna at night also so you can enjoy the bloom for a bit longer.
– But if dahlia freezes, you must dig up the tubers directly, gr cold down in the ground they lost, " says Bosse Rappne. Pumpkins are often a the first frosty night where as they are often covered by leaves. But the freezes they are done, then they become jätteäckliga.
• Take in krukväxterna: All frostkänsliga plants in if you want to keep them for next year. Mediterranean plants, geranium, fuchsia, hibiscus, and änglatrumpet. Let them rest in a cool place and preferably bright.
• Protect plants: Cover the sensitive rabattväxter with an extra layer of leaves, branches or pine boughs around the plant, or alternatively cup extra soil.
• Dig up the fragile: Köldkänsliga tubers and bulbs like the dahlias, knölbegonia and gladiolus must be dug up and stored indoors if they are to survive to the next year. A little frost on a dahlia and the wither together into a brown blob directly.delicate roses with soil from the discount.
• Moulding in utomhuskrukan: the Frost goes down slowly in the soil during autumn\\u002Fvinter and then slowly out of the earth in the spring. But in a pot it can change from thawed to permafrost in a day or two.
– to make temperatursvängningarna less in your utomhuskruka, you can wrap the bubble wrap around it. Attach the plastic with thin steel wire and dress it in a fabric, for example, says Bosse Rappne.
• Kupa fragile roses: do you Live in the northern half of the country, it is time to cup the soil around the roses as they pass the winter.
• do NOT Clear the discount: Let nedvissnade stems and blomrester be a warming vintertäcke in rebate.
— It provides a good protection, and creates fine undulating shape when the snow settles, " says Bosse Rappne.