Copenhagen is far from the only municipality, there are looking large amounts of waste water out in the Sound.
Just 300 metres out from the coast at Bellevue Beach, Gentofte Municipality have for years done the same.
In just five years in the period 2014 to 2018 has Gentofte emitted ten billion gallons of untreated waste water out in the Sound, shows a access TV 2 Lorry has made of the environmental protection Agency.
the waste water consists of toilet water, domestic water and storm water from overflowing sewers. Together with Copenhagen, in the same period have emitted 35 billion gallons of untreated wastewater, Gentofte making it one of the big all emitters of wastewater in the metropolitan area.
It comes quite a bit behind on the swimmers at the Bellevue Beach, TV 2 Lorry has spoken with.
- It is terrible. I have good enough is not known, says Jytte Petersen.
- I think it is a little strange, when it is an area which is being used by a great many families, and there are many who use it for sports activities, says Linda Paulsen.
Jannie Kærn is indignant.
- It destroys the whole of our seabed and the environment. It will be livfarligt to go in the water. It is not many years ago, you had so many bacteria in the water, so you called it lorterenden and pløresund. It should not be repeated, she says.
the context is the ten billion gallons of untreated waste water from the Gentofte Municipality, however, only a little, explains Mathias Middelboe, who is a professor at the marine biology Section at Copenhagen University.
- If compared with the annual supply of nutrients and organic matter to the Sound, so it's quite small quantities. So it is maybe a few percent extra, which is injected via the here untreated wastewater, which are being led out, he says to TV 2 Lorry.
In periods with the discharge of the wastewater would the professor, however, also have concerns about to jump in the sea. And he would advance examine the flow - and the weather conditions thoroughly.
- Immediately I would say that there is a risk that water quality will decline in the immediate environment where the discharge takes place. So I think perhaps, that I would think about two times, says Mathias Middelboe.
And it is far from just the quality of bathing water, it is all about. Many of the marine bunddyr is vulnerable to low iltkoncentartioner. In the worst case, with major consequences to follow.
- Yes, so do you beat the wildlife to death. It is all larger organisms. Snails, mussels, sea urchins and starfish and so on, says Mathias Middelboe.
And the large emissions of organic substances and nutrients, harmonizes poorly with the plans to make the Sound to the marine national park, believes the professor.
It amazes me that you are pouring untreated waste water out in some areas. And I can well understand if people think it is disgusting, says Mathias Middelboe.
At the Bellevue Beach, the visitor is also in doubt.
- I think it is something bad. And I think it is disrespectful to us the citizens all along the coast, that we don't have a clue that there are led waste water out, which is so polluted. Children bathe here, " says Linda Paulsen.
Neither the water company Novafos or Gentofte Municipality wanted to put up for interview on the matter.
the President of the Engineering and Environment committee in the Gentofte Municipality in denmark, Karen Riis Kjølbye from The Conservatives, writes for TV 2 Lorry, that the economic framework laid down by the state restricts the municipality's investment in waste water systems.