On this first official day of the school summer holidays it can be felt in the traffic, to many danes - because of coronaomstændigheder - has changed the journey south with a holiday within the country's borders in a year.
On the roads, there is extra pressure on the traffic right now, sounds the message from the Danish road directorate.
today is the first 'changeover day' in the holiday cottages over the country, and, therefore, is the Saturday a big rejsedag with the most cars on the road, between the hours of 11.00 and 15.00.
- At the changeover day is it in the amount of time that people choose to run. It is typically where it begins to clump together on the roads across the country, says Nicholas Petersson from the Danish road directorate to Ritzau.
Community - 27. jun. 2020 - pm. 11:25 Then the summer holidays started: Here is inserted the 200 extra boats
It is particularly by the major highways across the country, where the Danish road directorate expects the biggest traffic jams. Here is the E20 motorway across Funen and on the E45 in the triangle.
Nicholas Petersson predict that one can experience an additional journey time of 20 minutes on the worst stretches.
- If there is an accident or another, so there may soon be a growing traffic jams, when there are so many cars on the roads, he explains.
On the great belt Bridge brands, however it was not the large to the increased traffic in the day.
- We do not expect longer waiting times at the toll. It hangs together with the fact that we are still about 20 percent below our normal traffic, says Lene Thomsen, is the communications manager for the great belt Bridge.
- It is clear that we can see the dense traffic on skiftedagene, but it is still far below last summer. However, we must wait and see what happens. It is hard to predict anything due to corona, she says.
On the øresund Bridge's traffic today normal.
- Normally, it would have been a big rejsedag on the oresund Bridge. However, there is no pressure on the.
- But it is clear, since the border between Sweden and Denmark is closed, says Thomas Madsen, who is operational manager at the öresund Bridge.
- We have a part to via Sweden to Bornholm, but it is not something that provides a queue, reads it.