1 guinea fowl
1 onion, fijngesnipperd
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250 g mushrooms, in small change cut
5 sprigs of thyme, bound together with keukentouw
200 ml white wine
1 kippenbouillonblokje + 300 ml of water
1 kg waxy potatoes
100 ml cream
salt and pepper
15 g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Divide the guinea fowl into 8 pieces and season generously with pepper and salt.
2. Heat a knob of butter and a glug of olive oil in a casserole, on a medium heat. Sear, in different portions, the guinea fowl close.
3. Remove the meat from the pan. Stew the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the thyme and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Extinguish with the wine and leave for 1 minute boil before the meat and broth to add. Put a lid on the pan and leave for 30 minutes, simmer on a low heat.
4. Boil the potatoes in salted water until cooked in 20 minutes.
5. Remove the meat again from the pan and keep warm under aluminum foil.
6. Add the cream and allow a little thickening. Season with salt and pepper, and add the meat again to the pan.
7. Pour the cooking liquid from the potatoes.
8. Sprinkle the stew with flat parsley and serve with the boiled potatoes.
Fan of the Flemish kitchen? Try these waterzooi!
do you Want the recipes and articles of NINA COOK every Friday in your mailbox? subscribe to our newsletter!