Julie Berthelsen is among the many, which are the closest relatives to a person with a mental disorder.
On the sixth year, the Danish-greenlandic singer witnessed how evil the one she loves, has inside, without being able to relieve the pain.
A day was handlingslammelsen so overwhelming that Julie Berthelsen fell sobbing together in the arms of her husband, Minik.
Her emotions, fear, confusion, and frustration to be at times completely powerless is for the song 'Powerless'.
- I have had the need to channel the emotions out of my body and my heart. It is a delicate balancing act between to take care of his nearest and at the same time take care of themselves, for it is a heavy burden - also as caregivers, " says the singer, explaining:
- It is - in inverted commas - an ego-song, for it is in fact about how hard I have it, knowing that, it is about a boxer with a completely different and far more difficult problems than me, stresses Julie Berthelsen.
Who it is, and what illness the person is suffering from, want Julie Berthelsen to keep to themselves for reasons of privacy.
It has been - and still is - enormously difficult to navigate, especially how to take care of yourself, when you so want to fit on the other.
- some time has passed with the diagnosis now, and I have quietly found out where I turn to, and try to give myself peace, acceptance and space, the places I turn to and know that I can't do a damn thing. For it is there, it starts to become so frustrating that it consumes one.
It also made for Julie Berthelsen.
the Fear of stagnation and deterioration so bad that the only option was to choose life, was all-consuming for her.
Only when she was exhausted by fatigue, busyness and to-do lists was mind disappeared for a while.
But in the end kammede it still over.
I was paralysed and overloadet of emotions and powerlessness. I cried so much that I could not breathe and fell together in a loud sobbing in the arms of my husband, who almost had to hold me up.
There he said to me: 'Now it is enough. Now you need to find a balance between care of others and take care of yourself', says Julie Berthelsen.
to stand up and speak loudly about it with his closest Julie Berthelsen found out that she certainly does not stand alone.
Every third dane is according to According to a survey, relatives of a person with a mental disorder.
Out of those loaded to 60 percent even psychologically, and this was how it was at the end of Julie Berthelsen.
She had to be true the hard way, that she could be something for the other, when she was nothing for himself.
- When it has been really difficult, and times have been tough, I have not had profits to something else, but I luckily had my husband, who has asked me to prioritise the different and tune in.
- I know that I need to put my energy in my family, with my children and my husband, but it has been so skidesvært and painful, when you also want to be there for his relatives, that I snapped together.
today is Julie Berthelsen come closer to balance. She uses her own close to talk about things, and so considering she and a group of good girlfriends, who are in similar situations to seek professional counseling to get more tools to deal with pårørenderollen.
- It is so difficult to navigate in, and it is still. I'm even in the process, but it will get better and better as I learn more and more along the way, she says and elaborates:
- I think that all of us who are involved have had the need to make it to an open and usually topic, we can talk about, and not the store down the road or be ashamed. It has curiously been really difficult, because we have had to take account of them, to each other and to ourselves. We are now over the limit and pushing too much on, for example, explains Julie Berthelsen.
The thoughts are also being channeled into the song.
- There are many who have been happy with that - in quotation marks - such as me to stand up and say that the problems also belong in my world. For there are very many others who are in similar situations as my.
She has presented the song for the person, which, according to Julie Berthelsen were affected, but also a little frightened by how affected the others were of the situation. But there has been a understanding that it has been Julie Berthelsens way of expressing himself.
'Powerless' is one of the singles on Julie Berthelsen nyudgivede ep, 'No. 1', which is a reflection of where she is at in life now.
in spite Of the situation as relatives, there are also many other elements that fill in her life.
She has written the song 'Make Peace with Time" about how time puts its physical traces, and that it is a part of one's narrative of a life lived.
On the ep, there is also a song to her children, Casper Nanoq eight-and four-year-old Sia and her partner through the 12 years, the professional handball player Minik Dahl Høegh, whom she married last summer.
the Song for him called 'Forever and Whatever'.
- We have been through so much together, so no matter what awaits us of the challenges, we must enough to handle it and stick together.