the Atalanta coach Gian Piero Gasperini was affected by the corona, when his crew back in march beat Valencia 4-3 in the Champions League.
It tells succestræneren in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.
Bergamo was a pandemic the epicenters, and the infection is believed to have been profusely scattered in connection with the initial encounter between Atalanta and Valencia at the San Siro in Milan back in February.
the One who probably had the corona for the second leg in Spain, was the Atalanta boss Gian Piero Gasperini.
He was sick the day before the showdown against the spaniards, and on the very day he got it even worse.
- do you See in the pictures, so I'm not good on the bench. It was a 10. march. The two following nights I slept not well. I had not fever, but it felt like that.
- Every two minutes drove an ambulance past, then there is a hospital close to træningsanlægget. It sounded like a war zone. In the evening I thought, what would happen to me if I came to the hospital. 'I can't now, I still have so much that needs to be done...', says Gasperini in an interview with the great Italian sportsavis.
One of the signs that one can be infected with covid-19, set up taste - and sense of smell. In the case of Gasperini, it came to clinching, as a delicate feast the day after the 4-3 victory over Valencia was something of a disappointment:
- the Team got mad and 2008 Dom Perignon from a Michelin-starred chef, there is the Atalanta fan. I tasted and said: 'It is water'. The food tasted like bread. I had completely lost my sense of taste.
the first match at the San Siro in Milan, there were plenty of Atalanta fans, and it is one of the reasons for Bergamo later was hit so hard by the coronavirussen. Photo: Daniele Mascolo/Ritzau Scanpix
Gian Piero Gasperini lived at Atalanta training facility in the three weeks before he could return to his home in Turin.
He was not at that time tested for corona, but ten days ago revealed a blood test that he had had the disease.
Bergamo is one of the cities that have been hardest hit by the corona, and some Atalanta fans have protested against the resumption of Serie A 20. June. They do not believe that it is right to resume the season.
- We have asked the question many times. But Atalanta can help Bergamo to find a foothold again, while everyone's pain and grief to be respected.
- It will take time before we can again see the joyous scenes on the square or at the airport, but Bergamo's population are the burning coals under the ashes. They come slowly forward again, says Gasperini.
Atalanta qualified for the quarter-finals of the Champions League and is currently in fourth place in Serie A.
The Italian league has been given the green light to resume the tournament 20. June.
See also: Buying the controversial striker - gets a whole and in particular clause
See also: Touching gesture: football star with a special message
See also: Downturn for FCK: Fischer out and the Wind will have to wait a month yet