One thing is that the duchess Meghan must stand up to public spectacle with private details in the trial against the media the Mail on Sunday and the publisher Associated Newspapers, which she has sued over a series of articles.
But to her friends now also at risk to be mixed up in the case, she can not accept.
Therefore, she has asked the court to prohibit, to five of her veninders names will be mentioned in the trial.
This writes the news agency Reuters.
the Mail on Sunday published last year, a handwritten private letter from august 2018, as the duchess had sent to her father, as she has a very strained relationship, and it is the main reason, that the duchess has headed the media in the court.
the Newspaper has used as an argument that the only have brought the letter with the intention to show how the controversy between father and daughter, so out from his father's perspective, after the duchess Meghans girlfriends in the magazine People anonymously has told, how it looked from her.
Intl. royal - 8. christmas. 2020 - pm. 15:20 hated: - now Hold your mouth shut
While the Mail on Sunday believe that venindernes actions are carried out with the duchess's blessing, says the duchess's lawyers, that she nothing had to do with it.
And now fears she and the five women's names will be published in the proceedings.
- These five women has not been sued, and I am not. It is the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, who has been sued, says the duchess, in a testimony, according to Reuters.
- Each of these women are private citizens and have their right to privacy.
A spokesman for the Mail on Sunday says that the media don't have any desire to publish the names of her friends right now, but that they believe that their role in the case, and whether or not they should remain anonymous, should be assessed by the court.
Intl. royal - 4. jun. 2020 - pm. 09:25 Meghan Markle in a touching proclamation
- Their evidence is the core of the matter, and we can't see why their identities must remain secret, the spokesman said.
The first blow in the trial against the media lost the duchess back in may, when the judge dismissed her accusation that the newspaper had acted dishonestly and had escalated the conflict with her father.