– It is so bizarre!
Usually the 75-year-old arhusianske film director Nils Malmros is a friendly and quiet person, but right now he's so edderspændt furious, he pulls the p-company Apcoa Parking Denmark (EuroPark) in court in a dispute over a parking ticket, where a spider plays a significant role.
the Case starts a oktoberaften in 2018, where he in connection with a cinema park his car in the garage Latinergården in central Aarhus.
– After having stuck my atm card in the machine should I switch my bilnummer check, but I can't remember it, and slips the map back to the car. So, I'm dialing the number, but in doubt, whether I have typed correctly. When I try to check out the display, I can't see all the digits, because there is a spider on the inside of the cover and the cover over one of the numbers.
This little creature has claimed the lives of Nils Malmros a parking ticket, which he refuses to pay. Now it is up to the court to decide the matter. Private
– Luckily I can see a p-guard and ask him on his phone to check that everything is in order. And this is what he affirms. He has, however, no time to see the spider in the machine, so he can fejlmelde, says the Film.
When he, after having seen ’a not very good movie’ returns to the car, waiting for him, yet another bad experience: A parking fee of 795 euros.
– It turns out that I am in the confusion of not being able to see the figure not have been paid.
the Day after the turns the Film back and takes a picture of the machine and the spider with his mobile.
He chooses to appeal to Apcoa, when he considers, in good faith, because of the p in the monitor sense the announcement that everything was in order, and that the penalty therefore is unjustified.
– Apcoas answer is that I'm smoking to collection agency if I do not pay. They add that the p-guard immediately does not remember the incident, but referred other to other edderkoppe-free vending machines. So they know to it – and could have just checked the video to get the sequence of events confirmed.
Danish Champion in complaints
the annual report by 2018-2019, it appears that Apcoa is the company, most drivers complained about, namely 793 – similar to the 33,24% of the complaints.
is Q-park with 444 complaints (18,61 percent), while third place taken by City Valet parking ApS with 266 complaints (11,15 percent).
Niels Malmros is so angry over what he calls ’a vertical injustice’, that he takes the matter in Parkeringsankenævnet. Of the five members, two appointed by the p-firms, a judge, while the other two represent respectively the FDM and the Danish Consumer council, Tænk.
the Award goes to Film against in a vote three to two – FDM and the Danish Consumer council was on his side. But the other three believed he should have found another machine.
– That I am losing with the least possible dissent means that I can take the case to the district court, and I do so now. I have been stubborn. There are many details, but I will not litigate in the newspaper, he says, who don't yet know when ’edderkoppesagen’ comes to court.
Apcoa has a principle of only to communicate with the press in writing, and communicate in a mail Extra Magazine, you don't have any comments on the matter.
Aarhus Stiftstidende has, however, succeeded in partly to get an answer to their question to the case:
Browsing of video surveillance, does not change the fact that it is parkanten (Nils Malmros, ed.), who bears the responsibility for having made the correct recording and subsequent payment of the parking ticket, write Apcoa in his response.
the Newspaper, however, has not been answered their questions about the p-monitor sense the role in the case.