They call themselves ’the oldest boy band’, and although the members of the Stockfish soon stood side by side on the stage in 40 years, it has determined vestjyske band never experienced something like coronakrisen.
the Decommissioning and forsamlingsforbuddet has resulted in the longest pause for appearances in the band's history.
Their last concert was 7. march at the Hotel Pejsegården in Brædstrup, and since it has been quite quiet.
- It came as a thief in the night. We knew, of course, that there was another on the way, but we were very surprised. So we thought, that would probably go a month with it, but then it's just been by and by, say, Bob Bridge, who sings and plays guitar in Stockfish.
dried fish, experiencing it as a void not to be out and play. Some of the places they play, they have come through 30 years. Here they play the last concert before the shutdown in Brædstrup 7. march. Photo: Private
Spring and summer tend to be peak season for the four musicians, and at the time of writing they have already put a red cross over 43 musician.
- It does something at a human level, because it is so much a part of us, it is a part of our identity to be out to play.
- of Course, I like to have an extra weekend to have a barbecue with the family and meet with friends, but I can just feel that I am missing to get the guitar in hand and come up to the stage and say ’good evening ladies and gentlemen’, said Bent Bridge.
even Though it clearly is the identitetsmæssige deprivation, which fill most of the band members, reflected the many cancellations then also at the bank.
so far stands Stockfish to lose about half of their annual turnover, and although three of the four have jobs next door, and all four of them have wives, who serve money, it can be felt.
- Within the here is completely over, it will be somewhere between one and a half and two million dollars, we lose. So it is as such a year, where you say that if bandbussen must be changed, so it is not this year. There are some investments which are deferred, says Bent Bridge.
And even though they are more concerned about those of their friends and colleagues in the music industry, who do not have the extra income at the side, makes them a bit uneasy, to aflysningerne until further rows into the month of October.
None of the members can remember, they've been separated so long before. Photo: PR
For the next year have Stockfish played together in 40 years, but it does not mean that they are tired of life on the road.
- It is also a big experience for us every time, even though it is 40 years since we stood on stage for the first time. I certainly have a lot of personal satisfaction by being out and living koncertdrømmen, to stand on a stage during the summer, meeting people eye to eye and get them to sing on our songs. There is the money, therefore it is secondary, says Bent Bridge.
recently, the band gathered again to practice for the first time since the decommissioning, and it was a redemption again to have the guitar on the shoulder.
It was a strange feeling, but it was also nice. We don't start from zero each time, we start just where we left off. The corners of his mouth turn upwards, each time we are together, it is completely safe.
- It's funny that after 40 years may come to miss those everyday things, which otherwise can be a little hard. The there with to lie down and rattle on the road and come home at four o'clock in the morning, but it misses the we now says the Bent Bridge.
Thyborøn-band Stockfish has played together since 1981 and consists of the four members of the Anker Hviid, David Kirk, Bent Bridge, and Bob Kirk, who all sing.
Anker Hviid, 58, plays bouzouki, flute and accordion, David Kirk, 58, plays banjo and mandolin, the Bent Bridge, 58, plays guitar, and Bob Kirk, 61, plays bass.
They have no less than 21 released albums behind him, and is probably best known for hits such as ’VLTJ’ and ’When the cutter came in’.
Last year played Stockfish more than 100 live concerts around in Denmark.