It is a good news, when the Statens Serum Institut (SSI) tells that it is the same virus, which is found in the mink and among residents and staff at a nursing home in Hjørring, denmark.
For it confirms, in principle, only the case of an outbreak of corona in the area.
It says Allan Randrup Thomsen, professor in experimental virology at the University of Copenhagen, denmark.
- One has the fat in the long end, when it comes to smitteopsporing in the Hjørring area.
- You do not need to speculate more on that, there are multiple independent outbreaks of the virus in the area.
But it is also a confirmation that the coronavirus can infect animals and humans, he says.
- It is not surprising. It is seen that before, but now we've got it confirmed yet again.
- at first you can't say whether the infection is gone from mink to humans or from humans to minks, or both ways, says Allan Randrup Thomsen.
The answer can not be found in the Statens Serum Institut.
on Friday said Anders Fomsgaard, who is the chief physician and virusforsker by the SSI, to the DR, that there must be further analysis in order to get answers on this.
Here, the hope is also to get answers on how long the infection has been with minkene and among the infected people, it said.
According to Allan Randrup Thomsen, however, there is at the present time not much, which suggests that it is minkene, which has borne the infection on.
- so far you can take it quietly.
- We just need to focus on, that just such a thing as minkfarme not become a reservoir for the virus in the longer term, he says.
the Municipality of Hjørring has the most recent time was able to establish infection with the coronavirus in several places.
Friday wrote Jutland, to a total of 41 employees and residents at the nursing home Vendelbocenteret is found to be contaminated with the coronavirus.
in Addition, there are found infection of a mink farm in the far east and at a minkavler, as all three can be connected to the same virus.
None of the infected at the nursing home have been admitted to the hospital. Around 11,000 of minkfarmens mink have been killed as a result of the outbreak.