Among the birds and birch trees, one could suddenly hear the bubbles jump. The joy was great in front of the red and white holiday home on Rømø island - both the house owner and the rental company could namely bowls for grænseåbningen.
Finally comes the germans.
Sommerhusejer Hugo Schmidt and the director and co-owner of Rømø holiday Park, Martin Vestergaard, could quickly agree on, that it was high time that the borders opened.
Both sommerhusejer and Park director, today bowls. For both men, they have been many weeks in the dark. Photo: Ernst van Norde
- I think that she (Mette Frederiksen, eds.) should have announced it here sooner. It is both difficult for us, but it is also tiresome for the tourists, who are sitting at home with a suitcase packed, " says Hugo Schmidt.
co-Owner of the Park, Romo agree. With them, they have had to take a day at a time, and the uncertainty has filled much.
- We're obviously mega happy, that it opens up again. But it may now well have opened as of Monday, says Martin Vestergaard, who in the morning in time to cancel yet another week's guests.
Some cottages have been fully booked by German already before coronaen started, and especially of those has Park, Rømø been able to feel the frustration of the owners.
- They have the would like to cancel the German bookings, so the house was available for the many danes who should keep the summer vacation in Denmark. No one has the known, when the border opened again, so I understand their frustration.
- unfortunately, We have just not had to cancel bookings further ahead than the phases, as Mette Frederiksen has signed out. So we have taken a week at a time and canceled on the way. The rules are the rules, says mr Vestergaard.
Hugo Schmidt from Dortmund has had his red house in nine years. All the years he has rented it out through the holiday resort island of Romo. For him and the family, it is not a necessity, but still a thing, they have chosen to do.
- of course This means little to the operation of the house, but it is not only why we do it, " says Hugo Schmidt.
32 weeks of the year are the red and white cottage available for rental. 90 percent of them are German. Therefore it has also been a bit of an exciting time for Hugo and his family in recent weeks.
- We thought that there will come some bookings, but throughout the month of July has actually been booked by the danes now. How wont it otherwise never to be, but it is great, says Hugo Schmidt.
The same experience Martin Vestergaard in his business.
- You do not completely hang me up on it, but I think it is about 10 percent more danes who have booked in years.
the danes are, when they are experiencing, how nice of Romo is, however, none of the men can answer, but you have surely allowed to hope, believe both.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------At Lakolk hjulper they also
At Lakolk Camping, and they have very busy - unfortunately not with guests, but with ombookinger. Therefore, I am the to the 5. June. Photo: Ernst van Norde
85% percent of all guests at Lakolk Camping on the island of Romo is German. The last few weeks, for both the manager Ursala Petera and the receptionist Lisa Linnet gone out on a thing: to get the puzzle with the many ombookinger and cancellations to go up.
Therefore was the smiles also big, as the news of the grænseåbningen com.
- It is really nice. We're very excited to get started. Today we have 55 campers, and we tend to be fully booked here at pentecost with 1000 seats. Our season extends from the easter and October. So we are already well into the season, says manager Ursula Petera.