ascension-the weather is well suited to a barbecue across most of the country, but beware before you give it full gas and pours well with coal.
Your delicious meat - and you yourself - may be burned.
Therefore, warns the Danish emergency response and Emergency now against the careless use of the barbecue, each year resulting in around 130 friends.
- of course It is not so cozy to have the fire department as the unexpected guest for its barbecue, and we're actually also preferably free of the kind of ’invitations’, says Daniel Weinreich, who is forebyggelsesekspert at Danish emergency response.
- But unfortunately we see a pattern that repeats itself, when it's about fire in connection with a barbecue grill. There will be grilled too close to combustible material, which is being used wrong firing up, or ash and kulrester from the grill is not turned off properly when it gets thrown out.
Glowing barbecue charcoal is very, very hot, so beware. Photo: Miriam Dalsgaard
Forbrændingsskader typically occurs at the contact of the hot grill or hot coals from the grill. Keep always an eye on the grill and be especially aware of children and pets nearby. Optændingen of charcoal grill should also be done securely. An important advice is that one fails to use the flammable liquids for firing up.
- Unfortunately, we have seen some very serious accidents, when there is used flammable liquids as f.ex. grill lighter fluids. It can develop into eksplosionsulykker, where there can be very serious burns. Our advice is therefore, that you are completely dropping the flammable liquids when grilling. It is simply too dangerous, says Mads Dalgaard, forebyggelsesekspert at the agency.
If you have a gas grill, you should regularly check the regulator and hose for leaks and remember to turn off the gas on the regulator or remove the regulator after use.
Call 1-1-2 if there is fire, as you can not turn off. By burns, you should cool the skin with running lukewarm water and follow the general førstehjælpsråd about when you should seek medical attention.
never Use flammable liquids when grilling – it is safest to turn up with electric grillstarter or optændingsblokkeGrill only outdoor – by the use of the barbecue f.ex. in a conservatory there is a danger of carbon monoxide poisoning, which is livsfarligtHav always water nearby – so you can easily turn off, if a glow get fat in dry shrubbery, cloth or other combustible, and you can cool the skin if you are sunburned. It is also a good idea to refrigerate your grillstarter after brugPlacer the grill at a safe distance and on a stable surface – it is generally important to keep a distance to dry the plants, buildings and anything else that can brændeAske and kulrester must be cold before you throw it out – otherwise it may ignite the trash. It can take over a day, before the ashes and kulresterne is cold, and there are some coals Show more Close
Barbecue-the expert's best tricks
When the first track of the security, is to enjoy grillens am.
Ekstra Bladet has spoken with Anders Jensen, who is known from The Danish Grilllandshold, which was sponsored by the grill manufacturer Weber.
He had these tips, which were good at the time and still is today:
- I brushes the meat with a few drops of oil before I get it on the grill. Thus I avoid, that the meat is burning solid. The meat must not sail in the oil.
Seasoning can get your barbecue to taste a little of each. Photo: Mik Eskestad
And I fail to marinate the meat, the marinade burns quickly fixed. Instead marinerer I it by letting it rest in a little herb butter, when it is fried. Other times, I let the guests to marinate the meat at the table. It can be fine.
- Dot 10-12 holes in the sausage to prevent the meat crevices. Don't poke with a fork, since the dense holes can get the sausage to burst.
- make Sure that the grill is scorching and not smoking. There are the meat properly fried and get a nice crisp stegeskorpe. Many boils unfortunately the meat on a hot grill.
- Forsteg like the flesh - also like pølsene. It takes the no harm - quite the in against. Give it so little heat before it should be served. Thus it is possible to serve a larger selected of meat at the same time.
do you Have the equipment in order. How to grill-purse out of a true expert. Photo: Mik Eskestad
- Let finally the meat rest a few minutes before you serve it. Under cooked draws kødsaften against bøffens centre. When you let the meat rest, distribute it again throughout the piece.
- Recognize that it requires a huge overview to grilling. Please therefore do not hesitate to ask others for help to, for example, to retrieve a clean pair of pliers or a beverage tray.
Tips and guides how to Avoid grill-sham: Here is the truth about your grillpølser