16-year-olds, Anton, Hadar and Julia to arrange a party where all children should feel welcome – just as they are.
"We want to especially focus on children who are not invited to a party, or organising a party, where no one will," says Anton.
Inspired by Johan Wendt, who in the past has arranged for a jättekalas for children in Stockholm, sweden, wanted to 16-year-olds Anton Karlsson, Hadar Hardtmann and Julia Yngve do something similar.
– It was that he invited children with various funktionsvariationer. And we thought that this is something that we also would be able to do, stuck in Gothenburg, " says Anton.
The three of them started with the planning and worked out the non-profit initiative ”Everyone's party” which will take place on February 23 at Arena 29 in Gothenburg.
– We say that we are a party for all the children, where all children are invited. But we want to especially focus on children who are not invited to a party, or organising a party where nobody comes.1 of 2 | Photo: PrivatDe 16-year-old initiators Hadar, Julia and Anton.
For that the party should be as inclusive as possible, therefore, it will be adapted for children with funktionsvariationer – which are also their main target audience.
– Unfortunately it is often the case in today's society that there are those children who perhaps are a little different, as you don't know how to take care of, that you are afraid to invite. Classmates, and especially their parents, are perhaps a little afraid to come on their birthday. It is unfortunately most often children with funktionsvariationer who become victims of this problem – and that is why we choose to create a party focused for them, where all are welcome.
There will be two parties during the day where a total of 100 children will be present. During the festivities, it will, among other things, to be offered on activities like crafts and the disco.
– The most important thing is that all of our activities and the whole party is suited for children with funktionsvariationer.
those who are interested sign up through their website – the party will be completely free. In addition to delighting the children as 16-year-olds a different idea behind their initiative.
– the Purpose of this is to show if we as students can make a difference in the community, so anyone can make a difference.