It is normal for students to experience various distractions at one time or another while studying. It happens to most students, whether they are in high school or studying for their Ph.D. Distractions often come in form of procrastination, social media distractions, time management, or noisy environments and roommates.
Fortunately, students can use several techniques and tools to maintain or even improve their focus while studying. In addition, certain authoritative websites allow students to read or buy dissertation online. Others offer helpful and practical tips to help them learn how to keep studying without losing focus or experiencing extreme stress.
Here are five points to consider when you are seeking to improve your focus while studying:
- Find a Convenient Study Environment
Finding the right spot to study is one of the most important aspects when it comes to maintaining focus. While the perfect study environments may vary from person to person, it is imperative to consider a few basic requirements. These include:
- A comfortable seating or standing place – Find a spot with comfy furniture that can accommodate extensive and sustainable studying. The furniture should support good posture to prevent you from hurting or straining your back.
- Availability of a flat and ample surface – The ideal spot should have enough space to accommodate your study materials without creating a mess.
- Availability of outlets – If you use a laptop to study, ensure your studying space has a power outlet within reach. This will allow you to enjoy a seamless and focused study experience.
- Focusing on Skills Over Grades
According to Daniel Wong, an academic expert, as much as education is all about gaining knowledge and skills, it is quite easy to lose your focus while pursuing good grades. Focusing on learning instead of excellent grades will help you tremendously when it comes to minimizing and overcoming the distractions, pressure, and stress that are unavoidable offshoots of studying.
- Get Rid of all Distracting Tech
It is never a good idea to attempt studying with your mobile phone on, or while logged in to your social media accounts. It does not matter if it is on vibrate; the moment it goes on, you will most likely take a peek. As a preventative measure, switch off all electronic devices and put them in a different room. If you use a laptop, ensure social media apps and sites are not open.
- Study When Your Brain is at its Peak
Everyone has moments when focus is at its peak. During such moments, you need to tackle your most challenging areas of study to maximize your knowledge intake. Some students are night owls, while others are early birds. If you are not sure where you fit in, contemplate on the timeframe of your best study experience in the past.
- Indulge a Little Physical Exercise
Researchers insist that physical exercise can not only benefit your body, but your brain as well. A quick and easy workout will increase the blood flow to your brain, which will improve your focus for up to three hours. If you are a kinesthetic learner, for instance, you probably learn better when your mind and body operate in harmony.
These are the top 5 hints to keep studying without losing focus. Additionally, you should also try scheduling some much needed downtime and fun, making a study timetable, eating a balanced diet, anticipating your physical needs such as beverages or a power snack, making use of study tools, and developing a study ritual/habit to alert your mind when you are in perfect study mode. Applying these techniques will guarantee improved concentration while studying.