In 2019, the millennials were on the lead in buying homes by 37% among other age groups—and the trend continues this year. It is actually easy to identify millennial buyers because they are tech savvy and always take things from and into the internet. They are the most determined home buyers—and probably the most excited to post pictures of their new home on their Instagram!
- What’s in it for the sellers?
Being aware of your potential buyer’s profile is important. Most millennials rely heavily on the internet and do their research before they look for properties. Knowing this, the following tips are helpful to cope up with the millennial buyers:
- Level-up your website. Last year, out of 98% millennials who searched the net, 80% of them have found their homes using such way through a mobile device. This is understandably the trend because millennials, especially the working group, do a lot on the internet while multitasking—either during commute going to work, during quick breaks or lunch breaks, or during free time and rest days. They make sure that before diving into something, they get an idea on the internet and what others have got to say about something. That is why it is important that your presentation online is appealing. You should use high quality photos and videos of virtual tours for a more interesting virtual experience—which is what matters for this age group.
- Emphasize advantages. Aside from the size, millennials are more concerned with the ease of travel and the community where the property is located. So, you should emphasize on these advantages rather than selling on size alone. Especially if the millennial buyers have a busy lifestyle, a very accessible location is what they most probably prefer to ease the stress of doing things or going to places as they may need to on a daily basis.
- Provide value-added features. Most millennials prefer to have a laundry room, hardwood front exterior, patio, garage storage, a walk-in pantry and other features. Make sure to include one or two if not all of the features mentioned should you think of upgrading your home before selling.
- What’s in it for the buyers?
Consider rethinking your list of priorities for your dream home since looking for the perfect one could be quite a hassle with many competitions. You can make use of the following tips:
- Know what you really want for a home. If you are married, make sure to include your partner in the decision making and prioritize the most important things you need to consider in a home.
- Tell your story. Telling the seller your story might help you standout from other buyers. Just like what a couple from Nashville did—Abby and John wrote a letter to their seller telling in detail the things they love about the house and their future plans with it—which got them accepted in less than 24 hours.
- Get help from a professional. Experienced real estate agents can lessen your stress in buying houses. Last year, almost 90% of millennials worked with professional agents to buy their properties.
So, If You Do Not Have Plans To Buy or Sell a Home This Year…
Well, here are other things you should take note of:
- In 2020, equity is not likely to drop.
The Housing and Mortgage Market Review in 2019 is looking at a continuous rise in 2020. You may still get a nice profit if you sell your property before 2022. Keep a keen eye on your home’s worth to ensure the equity is going up.
- The real estate market will not crash.
As the price growth slows down, some people worry that the housing market may collapse again. However, there are many factors indicating a housing crash is not going to happen. Besides, experts are optimistic still as people continue to spend while job opportunities increase.
- Buyers will still be interested.
With the rapid growth of home prices in the last few years, some buyers may tend to be not so picky. In fact, those who are determined to buy may still consider even when the location of the property is not close to a big city or is not near to a highway. So if you think of selling your house located in a neighborhood such as described, you may want to consider doing it now. The most reliable “We buy houses Los Angeles” company would be Mrs. Property Solutions. They buy houses in any condition and in any situation. Call them now for a fast cash offer today!