By the fire, the movement of the trains between Brussels-North and Brussels-South is in full morning rush hour one and a half hours interrupted in both directions. the
Some trains were rerouted via the eastern and western ringspoor, others were simply abolished. Commuters were given the board as much as possible, tram, bus and metro to take. On presentation of your nmbs / SNCB ticket if you free the bus, tram or metro of the STIB / mivb to use within Brussels to travel to your destination.
Still heavy inconvenience
Drama in Halle, germany. theWho(@ jenzCools) link
Technicians now have all the tracks available, but the restrictions for the traffic in the capital continue. Travelers should still take into account significant delays or deletion.
The fire in the Brussels North has especially damaging to the power supply to the overhead lines. “Because of damage to cables and voedingsposten is a part of the power from Brussels-South acquired. We are, therefore, not on the full flow capacity”, says Infrabel spokesman Frédéric Petit.
This is what chaos looks like. @nmbs #treinstoring pic.twitter.com/cuPofG9Nk2Vdp(@ ThijsVandepoele) link
The SNCB has therefore a custom timetable with less trains drawn up. For the rest of the day, are all P-trains (piekuurtreinen) from Brussels and a number of other connections are deleted. “We have no visibility on when everything will be recovered,” says Petit. “Our people stay the whole day and next night to work. It is wait and see.”
in Addition to all the P-trains from Brussels are also S4, and S10-trains is deleted, for example, the website of the nmbs / SNCB to read. Also on the other S-lines, there are changes, and some IC trains to Brussels Airport and drive no further than the Brussels-North. The SNCB advises to listen carefully to the announcements in the stations and the nmbs / SNCB app to consult.
Overview of the changes:
@SNCBHannesE(@ SpartacusView) link
* all P-trains from Brussels have been scrapped
* the S4-trains on the Brussels-Luxembourg - Jette - Aalst, don't drive,
* the S10-trains to Brussels-midi - Dendermonde don't drive,
* the S1 trains (Nivelles, Antwerp), drive the half. From Nivelles, they are also limited to Brussels-South and from Antwerpen-Centraal to Schaarbeek,
* also from the S2-trains (between ‘s-Gravenbrakel and Leuven) is half deleted. The trains from Leuven limited to Schaerbeek and from ‘s-Gravenbrakel to Brussels-South,
* the S6-trains Aalst, belgium-Schaarbeek, be limited to the Halle (and drive so does not go to Schaerbeek),
* the S8 trains to Brussels-midi - Ottignies drive only between Schaerbeek and Ottignies,
* the IC-trains Charleroi-Essen, Charleroi-Antwerpen-Noorderdokken and Binche-Turnhout to make an additional stop in Schaerbeek. the
* IC-train to Kortrijk-Welkenraedt is restricted to the journey from Leuven to Welkenraedt. Between Gent-Sint-Pieters Kortrijk and drive a commuter train,
* the IC-trains Bergen-Brussels Airport Zaventem and Tournai-Brussels Airport Zaventem, be limited to the Brussels-North. The other trains from and to Brussels-Airport-Zaventem drive as normal.