Chairman of the board Lars Idermark has voluntarily resigned from his position with immediate effect. Swedbank's nomination committee has announced that the board of directors will be made and a rekryteringsfirma is hired to pick up the new names.
"We will ask the bank's board of directors convene an extraordinary general meeting when we have a proposal on the strengthening of the board of directors," says Lennart Haglund, chairman of the nomination committee to DN.
candidates for either the chair or any other place in the board of directors. Joakim Bornold, sparekonom at Söderberg and Partners, believe there needs to be a tough person with sharp business acumen to clean up Its mess.
– Here is an order and out-man to the chairman, who stands stool when the wind blows, " he says.
He is joined by Joacim Olsson, ceo of the Swedish shareholders.
" basically, it's about people with good judgment, regelkännedom and that is business. Around the key words "must", a new board formed, " he says.
– It is in any case clear that Swedbank has lacked the skills!
But the most important thing is to do it right. Communication is important, but it is more important to do right than to communicate well, " says Olsson.
member of the board Ulrika Francke take in anticipation of Idermarks the regular successor over been the presidential seat, announced Swedbank during the morning. That she would get the place permanently is less likely, think Bornold.
– It is quite unlikely that it is she who may continue. Now forced to a change in the board of directors and it will mean that there is more that may go also.
which elects the board of directors. The largest and most owners are Sparbanksgruppen, pension companies AMF and Alecta, Swedbank Robur Fonder and Folksam. Joakim Bornold think it is time for Swedbank to look beyond the world in search of the next president.
– I would like to get into a chairman who is not connected to the pensionssidan or the institutional part of Sweden. I would choose Sweden has a large riskkapitalsektor and I would pick a name from there, " he says and continues:
within the part of the business community who have the experience to drive change, to make it under tough conditions and is more tough. I think it is needed.
One name he does mention is Annika Falkengren, ceo of SEB with styrelseerfarenhet from the mission in including Securitas, and as chairman of the Swedish bankers ' Association. She has also previously been identified as a possible new ceo of Danske Bank after Thomas Borgen resigned in the aftermath of the penningtvättskandalen that culminated last year.
" She would be very good in the post as chairman of the board. Fearless, experienced, and hard hands, " says Bornold.
Ingrid Bonde, the former director general at the Fsa, the chief financial officer of Vattenfall and president of AMF Pension. She has also sat as a member of the board of Danske Bank until march of this year. Just the experience, of a bank that has gone through the same thing that Swedbank is doing now, can be both good and bad in this context.
" It's not a bad name. Absolutely not, and it is not unlikely that it pops up as suggestions either. But I would like to see someone more business-driven, " says Bornold.
Joacim Olsson does not want to tell you about he has a dream team to the board, but he agrees that Ingrid Bonde is a good name
" She could very well be one among the many names that the nominating committee would be able to tita.
– as well As Göran Persson, inga-britt Ahlenius and Annika Falkengren. But you will still not be able to get me to think about a single name, " he says.
chief strategist at Folksam, Swedbank's second largest owner, think it is good that the committee has engaged an external rekryteringsfirma.
– It is not a dream scenario of losing both president and chairman in the space of a couple of weeks. But at the same time, it gives a possibility to a restart, " she says.
- Now, it is important to get a good candidate. When the nominating committee is complete, it can go pretty fast, " she adds.
Lundberg Markow points out that a strengthening of the board of directors already has been made in the meeting last week elected Kerstin Hermansson of the board of directors.
Read also: Chairman of the board resigns and notice of extraordinary general meeting
Read also: Patience was on the upphällning