the game companies ' intense marketing has received harsh criticism in recent months. A few weeks ago called civilministern gaming companies to a meeting about the situation. The gaming companies then had until 31 march to come up with its own guidelines that would drastically reduce the aggressiveness of the spelreklamen – both in terms of content and quantity. Otherwise, the government would take coercive measures.
" They came back with their proposal on the guidelines on Thursday. There we made the last day is that we have analyzed the guidelines. I note that these measures are not at all sufficient, says civilminister Ardalan Shekarabi (S).
in principle, the already existing legislation.
– these guidelines will not lead to noticeable change. Now we will look at regelskärpningar and changes in the law and go ahead with the government's plan for how this should be handled.
– We will present our plan in the short and the aim is to get to a regelskärpning during this term.
A plan to be presented before the summer, according to the Shekarabi.
for the Swedish trade Association for online gambling, find that the guidelines presented for civilministern given was sufficient.
" If you would follow the guidelines we presented there would lead to a non-aggressive advertising and I think this had been worth supporting.
He likes to see a positive change to the spelreklamen with more ansvarsmeddelanden and a softer tonality. He agrees, however, that the volume spelreklam has been too large.
– But the total volume will decrease when it passed long time after the legislation came into force. Then I think it is unfortunate when you enter the legislative changes already now. I would like to see everyone involved give this new spellicensordningen better chances than that you start to dismantle it already now, " says Gustaf Hoffstedt.
how other countries have acted in the matter. Italy has introduced a total ban on spelreklam and the united kingdom, for example, stopped spelreklam in connection with sports broadcasts. But experts that the DN previously talked with think that it would require a constitutional amendment to limit the amount of spelreklamen further in Sweden.
– The initial assessment is that grundslagsändring would only be needed if spelreklamen would be banned completely. A total ban on spelreklam is from my perspective sistahandsalternativet, says Shekarabi.
the numbers to the swedes with serious gambling problems have become 45 percent more in the last three years.
– It strengthens me in the belief that it was necessary to restructure the gaming market from the end of the year and regain control. But now we need to supplement with additional consumer-protection rules to protect the most vulnerable, " says civilministern.