Expectations Lauri Markkanen towards the Chicago Bulls are at their peak. Another NBA season to play for the Finnish is expected to rise to super star and even something to delight the know, much of the night to another player of the team to follow.
the Bulls back man Zach LaVinen the roof is visible. Although he has shown flashes of all star -level potential, a super stardom might be tight. Enter Lauri Markkanen, Chicago Sun-Times basketball reporter Joe Cowley to write.
– Markkanen is seven feet long, a physical under the basket and can throw from a distance as back - fill all the required criteria in the NBA-a unicorn.
Markkanen rookie season was so promising that this season's pace has not been sufficient critical for chicago for the media and for a better future dream for the Bulls-for the public.
Brown has done this season to 20 in the match (before last night's matches), averaging 16.5 points and collected 7.1 rebounds per game. The game situation throwing the success rate is 43.1.
Last season the corresponding figures were 15.2 points, 7.5 rebounds and shooting percentage to 43.4.
the Expected jump to superstardom has not yet happened.
– I have to look in the mirror first and ask what I can do better. It think it goes, Markkanen comments Sun-Times.Serving weary
the reason for the expectations of the weaker extracts is also, of course, unlucky injury. Markkanen was sidelined through the beginning of the ten weeks of rehearsals came the elbow injury.
the Second reason is that sometimes Markkanen hasn't gotten the ball enough to teammates. The player says it is both her self that your teammates fault.
– Certainly both. And sometimes when guys do not find me, they'll find me, just being more aggressive. We are all good friends with each other, so we talk about everything, Markkanen said.
the Bulls current head coach Jim Boyle has several times admitted my guilt to the fact that Markkanen have not gotten the ball enough.
– We must help him, he needs to help himself, and we must play better, Boyle's assessment.coaching change
The Athleticin basketball writer Stephen Noh into account, that the problem in reality, however, it, how little Mark-let's play ball, but it, in what situations 213-foot pier of the game media is entered.
Well is titling his article ”Why Lauri Markkanen has stagnated in his sophomore season” that is ”Why Lauri Markkanen is stagnating in his second term”.
Noh, according to Bulls coach change Fred Hoiberg Jim boyle to have weakened considerably Markkanen received by the situation of the quality of the offense. Boyle is simply inferior to organise the attack Markkanen around like a fired Hoiberg.
the Situation is aggravated by boyle's penchant for the slow tempo of the fathers to the attacks, which the opponent has time to organise themselves defensively.
– Markkanen had to resort to a much more independent game building the as hoiberg's subordinate, and he has a number of defenders in the wall ready to grab him when he comes steaming basket under, Noh frets.
Markkanen throws space functions weaken also the fact that he is often the player with the ball to be played when the attack is running into a dead end. It happened to boyle of the bulls in criminals a lot.
central distance of the two points are undesirable in modern basketball, but Markkanen has been forced to take them boyle's under the auspices of these reasons too.
self-motivated with Markkanen may not even throw them a place from which he has received. Boyle is loudly demanded the biggest star to be more selfish.top priority
Noh according to the Bulls follow the leadership has talked about the issue of boyle's, and the first time an NBA club as head coach of the pilot has tried to speed up the Bulls attack gaming. So far, the results haven't seen.
– [the Bulls] is the size of the league the last three points in the number of enterprises and attack the head of efficiency and it's near the league bottom actually each input meter, with the NBA keeps track of, Well pointed out.
the 21-year-old Finnish player of the Noh does not, however, their axe into the pit.
– Markkanen is still the same ultra-talented player, who he was as a freshman. He's not a star in one against one situations, or back to the basket, but he has excellent ball handling, athletic and throwing skills. Those qualities every team is looking for a modern big man and the Bulls wasted it all by playing like it was the 90s, Well shot.
the Bulls season is becoming even worst than a year ago. The team was prior to last night, lost 33 matches and won only ten. When the playoffs seams are already gone like ashes to the wind, Noh according to the team's number one priority should be Markkanen tuning the peak of the attack.
– If Boyle can't do it, then the Bulls have to hire someone who can.