The fire in the Markgravenstraat was around 17.45 hours noted. The fire was on the ground-floor apartment of a block of flats with a total of three floors. “The residents of the ground-floor apartment were not at home. Supposedly they have a pot on the stove and so the fire”, sounds to the emergency services. “The kitchen was burning largely out of and in the rest of the apartment, there is smoke and soot damage.”
The smoke spread through the building. The woman who lived on the second floor and a child on the first floor, breathing too much smoke during the evacuation. They were brought to the hospital. On the ground-floor apartment were two cats. One cat survived the fire, the other cat could successfully be resuscitated by the fire department.